Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lush shampoo bars

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I using this at the moment, but it keeps sticking really badly to the tin! Any tips on preventing this would be really great.

Comments

• Options
    I using this at the moment, but it keeps sticking really badly to the tin! Any tips on preventing this would be really great.

Sorry - I don't even know what it is. :p
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:

you really do make the most pointless posts sometimes/most of the time.

have you tried using cling film or something?
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    A solid shampoo from a shop called Lush. It looks more like a bar of soap than a traditional shampoo but you use it to wash your hair none the less.
  • Options
    i put mine in tin foil and never had any problems :)
  • Options
    Mine is just in a soap dish
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I always put mine in the lid until it dried out.
  • Options
    dont keep mine in a tin. The shop assistant said not to bother with a tin for the reason you said.
  • Options
    If you want to keep using the tin, line it with cling film and keep enough spare over the edge to get hold of. Then when you want to use it, you just lift up the cling film which lifts the bar up, yes? :)
  • Options
    Oh, I never thought of clingfilm, I'll try that! Thanks.
  • Options
    Do they work better on your hair than normal shampoos? I have quite thick hair and I use Clairol because it's concentrated enough to go all through my hair, but I'm getting really bored of it.
  • Options
    Another couple of questions, would you say they are just as good as using regular shampoo, as I just thought a bar would be easier to take on holiday, then a small bottle, which could leak? do they work on all hair types? I'm lucky mine is normal, it not dry or greasy.
  • Options
    You get different bars for different hair types I think. I have one for soft water as the water in my area is soft.
  • Options
    Little_one wrote:
    Another couple of questions, would you say they are just as good as using regular shampoo, as I just thought a bar would be easier to take on holiday, then a small bottle, which could leak? do they work on all hair types? I'm lucky mine is normal, it not dry or greasy.
    would be fine. I took my godiva bar on holiday with me and it was fine (its a two in one). They work better than you might think. Give it a try!!
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    would be fine. I took my godiva bar on holiday with me and it was fine (its a two in one). They work better than you might think. Give it a try!!
    :yes:
  • Options
    I love my lush shampoo but I cant get it out of the tin so I cant use it:(