Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I think im pregnant!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think i might be pregnant. But my periods only 5 dayz late. I think iam because my boyfriend has broken in me a couple of times about two weeks ago! I dont have any symptoms, but could i be pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    Huh? Your boyfriend has broken in you? Do you mean he came in you or the condom broke?

I would start a new topic to get more response, dragging one up from 2001 is not a good idea.

Periods can be late from stress and a number of things- but the average woman with a regular cycle ovulates 2 weeks into her cycle ( approx 14 days before period) so therefore you do have a chance of being pregnant, if your sex was unprotected or your condom broke. Don't stress too much, I would wait 7 days then take a test.
  • Options
    Start a new topic. I presume you started this by mistake.

Why do you think you're pregnant? Have you not used condoms? Have they split?

Periods are often late in young women, until the cycle settles down. But if you definitely think you could be, then go to your doctor and get the Morning After Pill.
  • Options
    If you're worried now that because your period is five days late I presume the unprotected sex was a couple of weeks ago? If it was recent then you may still be in time for emergency contraception. It's not an abortion before implantation. The contraception pages of the site have information on emergency contraception options but loosely, you have a couple of options:

Within 72 hours emergency contraceptive hormones.

"The emergency pill*is usually taken in two doses. The first must be taken within 72 hours (three days) of sex, and the second 12 hours later.*However, Levonelle-2â requires the two tablets to be taken together, preferably within 12 hours and no later than 72 hours after unprotected intercourse. (NB: The original version of Levonelleâ is still taken in two doses, so check which type you have first.) Single dose emergency contraception is now emerging, too. It is currently most common to find*the single*tablet option in pharmacies, although NHS services will soon be catching up. Whether you receive a single tablet or two tablets, the methods are equally effective because the dose is the same."

After 72 hours but before five days maximum you can have a IUD (coil) fitted.

"The IUD (or 'coil') is a small,*copper device*that*must be fitted inside the uterus by a doctor within five days of unprotected sex. It*works in the same way as the emergency contraceptive pill and must be worn until your next period (when you're sure you aren't pregnant). It*can also*work as a*contraceptive*(but will*only*protect against pregnancy and not sex infections).*Always discuss this with your doctor first if you're considering it as a regular contraceptive method."

see thesite's pages on emergency contraception: http://www.thesite.org.uk/sexandrelationships/safersex/contraception/emergencycontraception

I don't know of any later after-sex contraception, but if you are outside of these times you still, as everybody replied to the Origonal Poster, have options. The sooner you go and see a Doctor to discuss these the better. You'll have more options open to you and longer to think about it and discuss it.

see the site's pages on unplanned pregnancy: http://www.thesite.org.uk/sexandrelationships/safersex/unplannedpregnancy

Please return to this one, or even better- make a new thread if you need advice. The main thing everyone will tell you is not to be scared and to seek medical advice without delay. Good luck hunny. x *hugs*
  • Options
    Have split the thread for you.
    Thanks, Katralla, for posting those links.
    I'll also give you details of the fpa and brook who can help you through this.

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Web: www.brook.org.uk
    Tel: 0800 018 5023

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Web: www.fpa.org.uk
    Tel: 0845 310 1334

These articles may also help:
    I think I'm pregnant

I'm pregnant what now?

Good luck and take care x