Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

couples on holiday

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya,
Just wondering if anyone's relationship has been affected by spending to much time with one another whilst going on holiday together.Has it made you stronger,no affect or made you sick of each other after abit?

Comments

• Options
    in my opinion your first holiday is a make or break for a relationship.
    i have been on holiday with two boyfriends the foirst when i was about 17 and everything that already irritated me about him just became magnified because there was no one else there that i knew and could speak to.

The second was with someone that i had been with for a couple of years and had spent lots of time with, it was just an extension of what our relationship was in england but in the sun and with more fun things to do. it was one of the best weeks of my life.

so i would say that it depends totally on how much you annoy each other or argue with each other whilst at home because all those little niggling annoying things will just be more noticeable.
  • Options
    ??
  • Options
    I've always imagined and daydreamed of what it must be like to be on holiday with a boyfriend...
    Was supposed to with current boyfriend, but his new job started earlier than we thought...so it didn't happen *sigh*
    I'd hope it would only be a good thing though!
  • Options
    Going on holiday or living together will make or break a relationship.

You might like him, but that don't mean you can live with him. If you can't live with him then you don't really have much left.

It made us stronger living together.
  • Options
    Mel-H wrote:
    in my opinion your first holiday is a make or break for a relationship.

Thats is just what I want to hear the day after my boyfriend has booked our first holiday together.

But as we don't really argue or annoy each other when we are together and we have just spent a whole week together around his house without any aurgements I'm sure we will be fine during our week in the sun. So as you said Mel-H it hopefully just be an of our relationship and one of the best weeks of my life. (but unlike last week none of his family are going to be there, as he lives with his brother and parents).
  • Options
    i find even the most settled of couples have to potential to get scrappy on holiday.

it's not just the being with them all the time, it's the stress of travelling, the heat, the lack of ability to go off and do your own thing when you get a bit uptight, the feeling of being in a strange place...

it's playing with fire :p
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    i find even the most settled of couples have to potential to get scrappy on holiday.

it's not just the being with them all the time, it's the stress of travelling, the heat, the lack of ability to go off and do your own thing when you get a bit uptight, the feeling of being in a strange place...

it's playing with fire :p

All good points there, luckly both me and my boyfriend have gone to Paphos in Cyprus a couple of times before, so we are not really going to a strange place. But you are right about the lack of ability to go off on your own.
  • Options
    My fiance (then boyfriend) and i spent our year anniversary road tripping in the lake district and wales. The tent site owners let us use their fridge to chill the champagne (neither of us actually drink champagne- but somehow it seemed right!) and we each had a sip out of our tea mugs. It was unbelievable romantic and that is when the relationship was properly cemented. In the next month i was headed off to uni 8 hours away and leaving him behind, and that holiday was definetly a make or break.

We knew that we would either want to kill each other, or fall even more in love....
  • Options
    awww it's nice hearing your first holidays.
    My first holiday was with my ex in Malta and it was just the two of us.That was really good.
    I'm so glad no parents were there for my holiday with my boyfriend and then all my hoildays afetr just got better and better!!!!

Has any parents ruined your holiday whilst being with your partner?
  • Options
    I've had some not-so-good holiday experiences with my boyfriend, but that mostly comes from wanting to do different things while we're there. I have a very vivid memory of being left crying in Pompeii after a huge fight about "boring old stuff". Luckily I can laugh about it now, and in retrospect that was one hellishly bad choice of holiday.

Generally it's better for us to holiday seperately since we read very different things into the meaning of "relaxing break". I am looking forward to our upcoming skiing holiday though, we always have a great time on those.
  • Options
    my first holiday with my bf was great. we did loads of stuff and it was good to have some quality time together. it just depends on individuals i suppose.