Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Things looking up for Pompey

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/4574618.stm

I reckon after Harry's comments about language difficulties with some of his foreign players he'll be looking at investing in some young English talent especially a striker.......................... :yes:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    :mad:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    :mad:

41 minutes :yippe:

:D
  • Options
    Might not be as easy as you think for Pompey. Everyone thinks money buys success.

Joe Royle was a manager who worked miracles with limited resources, he went to Man City and Everton and fucked them both up!!!!!!

Redknapp has alwasy struck me as a guy who can get the best out of cheaper players. When he spent big at West Ham he didn't buy them success. He bought some real shite.

Hope he does well, he seems a nice guy and a favourite of fans at most clubs, but all I'm saying is that that money won't guarantee success.
  • Options
    manickev wrote:
    Might not be as easy as you think for Pompey. Everyone thinks money buys success.

Joe Royle was a manager who worked miracles with limited resources, he went to Man City and Everton and fucked them both up!!!!!!

Redknapp has alwasy struck me as a guy who can get the best out of cheaper players. When he spent big at West Ham he didn't buy them success. He bought some real shite.

Hope he does well, he seems a nice guy and a favourite of fans at most clubs, but all I'm saying is that that money won't guarantee success.

True but it hasn't hurt Blackburn, Wigan, Chelsea or Fulham. I wouldn't turn my nose up if some billionaire playboy walked into Bristol Rovers, in fact I may just put an ad in Pravda. :hyper:
  • Options
    BlackArab wrote:
    True but it hasn't hurt Blackburn, Wigan, Chelsea or Fulham. I wouldn't turn my nose up if some billionaire playboy walked into Bristol Rovers, in fact I may just put an ad in Pravda. :hyper:

That's my point, it's down to what the manager does with the money, and Redknapp tends to be more like Joe Royle, Graeme Sourness or Ron Atkinson than Jose Mourinho and Paul Jewell. His track record with expensive signings is not great!!!!

Having a millionnaire tycoon come into your club is great - apart from when he borrows 650 million quid to do it and totally alienates your entire support!!!!!
  • Options
    manickev wrote:
    That's my point, it's down to what the manager does with the money, and Redknapp tends to be more like Joe Royle, Graeme Sourness or Ron Atkinson than Jose Mourinho and Paul Jewell. His track record with expensive signings is not great!!!!

Having a millionnaire tycoon come into your club is great - apart from when he borrows 650 million quid to do it and totally alienates your entire support!!!!!

Couldn't happen with us not even the most die hard fan would dream of lending us £650 million... :yeees: Still would be nice to live the dream for the short term.
  • Options
    I'd hardly say Royle "fucked up" Citeh, getting them promoted twice and everything. Even though they owe a lot of favours to one referee who dumped on Gillingham from a huge height.

I also don't know about Jagger's track record with huge-money buys. Isaiah Rankin hardly set the world alight. But he did make Lee Mills and Deano Windass look like world-beaters.
  • Options
    manickev wrote:
    Everyone thinks money buys success.

And it does, when the right man is given the money for it.

Get rid of Redknapp, throw £100 million at the team, and hey presto - you're challenging at the top of the table.

Rangers' popularity in Eastern Europe gives me hope that a big moneyman takes us over.