Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What else can i do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My ex and I split up last July because we live on opposite sides of the world. We had the most amazing but problematic relationship and managed to stay together for 5 years despite the difficulties we faced.
My problem is I cannot get over her. I have not seen her now in nearly a full year but I still think about her all the time and im starting to get worried. I feel worse now than i did 4 or 5 months ago. My ex still stays in touch with me but i try to avoid contacting her as every time I talk to her I realise that I may never find anyone I feel the same way about. I havent told her this because she gets very sad when she speaks to me and I dont want to make things worse for her.
Ive done everything you can think of - the weeks of partying and blowouts, starting new job, exercising, making new friends, trying to forget her and convincing myself that we weren't "meant to be". I even met someone new - a beautiful girl who I got on well with and who was totally patient with me when I told her how I felt. I ended things with her because she wanted to be my girlfriend and I knew she could never compare which wasnt fair on her.
Can anyone tell me whats going on in my head? Why is it getting worse the longer things go on? Why cant I move on with someone else? :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it took me a year before i got over my ex, i only realised i was fully over him the other day when i found out he had a girlfriend and i wasnt bothered at all.
    i still think about him all the time though,

i think when you break up with someone then you tend to think about the good times more than you think about the bad times. and you end up thinking that arguements you had at the time although serious then you wouldnt even bother with if it means you can be back with them.

after my boyfriend i tried going out with loads of lads but never managed to get past the first date (the one i did decided he didnt want to be with me...oh well cest la vie). its strange your lonely but i found i just wanted attention bot someone new.

i guess what im trying to say is that yes it hurts, hurts like hell actually! but one day youll wake up and youll be fine. and until that day comes just busy yourself with your friends and family

this is crap advice! im sorry alternatively just grab a bottle of vodka and cry your eyes out. that works aswell!!