Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Arse vs. Manchester Globetrotters

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I predict a fairly boring and relatively incident-free 1-1 draw, what with several colorful characters from both teams now gone.

Incidentally, is this now the game of the has-been? Is Chelsea vs. Liverpool the new Arsenal-Man U? ;)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wouldn't go that far yet but the way things are going now, it seems liverpool and chelsea are the teams to beat. The gunners have been woeful this season.
  • Options
    i don't think it will be boring by any means, both teams have a very attacking style of play, we don't sit back like chelsea so i expect to see some goals, my prediction is 3-1 to Man U......i think what everyone is forgetting is that if you look at the head to head results of the top 4 teams in recent times then man utd are still the team to beat, liverpool are on good form atm for sure, but we play them in a couple weeks and i'm pretty confident we'll do them over as well......
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The arse will take the three points and Shrek will get sent off.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:

:lol: I'd laugh if that did happen...

And for obviously reasons, I'd like Arsenal to win.
  • Options
    ha so much for my predictions, twas nothing like the frantic game last season......sounded like a good game with arsenal holding on a bit in the second half, tbh the league chase is all but over so this was about pride and 2nd place, cant wait for the liverpol game now......
  • Options
    I watched a puddle earlier...it was more interesting.
  • Options
    Ronaldo missed a fucking sitter though... :D
  • Options
    Reyes did a classic "Platoon"
  • Options
    RvN dived and whinged a lot, and then moaned about the Arse. Ronaldo still think he's better than anyone else. Henry did the square root of sod all. Gary Neville got away with (yet another) nail on penalty. Reyes got kicked from pillar to post, and the ref did nowt about it.

Typical day really. ManYoo got the best of the decisions, and Henry showed he's only breathtaking against Villa and Sunderland.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Gary Neville got away with (yet another) nail on penalty.

By taking the ball...
  • Options
    I like the way Laurens slightly delayed face hug after RvNs boot missed his face by over a foot was left off the list of incidents...
  • Options
    I went in expecting a 3 or 4 nil stuffing but by the end I was annoyed we didn't get more than the point as I'm sure United are. Could have gone either way. To be fair, United attacked really well, but were wasteful, if fake Ronaldo had an end product Arsenal would've been punished severely. Arsenal defended excellently (Pascal "Please please Arsene never play him again" Cygan aside) without the midfield providing Henry with anything to work with. Henry needs the team as much as the team needs Henry.

Apart from a good penalty claim for Fabregas and a dubious booking for Giggs, incident free, which isn't suprising considering there was no much at stake, Arsenal won't make second and United's title challenge is almost over after last night.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:

i could imagine shrek playing for them, seriously, the green and giant version one from the film
  • Options
    Braineater wrote:
    I went in expecting a 3 or 4 nil stuffing but by the end I was annoyed we didn't get more than the point as I'm sure United are. Could have gone either way. To be fair, United attacked really well, but were wasteful, if fake Ronaldo had an end product Arsenal would've been punished severely. Arsenal defended excellently (Pascal "Please please Arsene never play him again" Cygan aside) without the midfield providing Henry with anything to work with. Henry needs the team as much as the team needs Henry.

Apart from a good penalty claim for Fabregas and a dubious booking for Giggs, incident free, which isn't suprising considering there was no much at stake, Arsenal won't make second and United's title challenge is almost over after last night.

Cygan has to be one of the worst defenders we have ever had, im sorry but he's just way too clumsy, way too slow and just no way near good enough for the premiership.

Last nights game was far from a classic but was pleased with some of our players performances. Reyes chasing down every ball, Fabregras getting stuck in and Hleb who i've always been a big fan of.

Not really a good result for either team but im sure Manure would go away the happier team.
  • Options
    Braineater wrote:

Fucking hell. A gooner post that I agree with :eek:

Except the bit about the penalty claim, obviously ;)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I watched a puddle earlier...it was more interesting.

I had a feeling this would be a non-event so saved myself the boredom and watched a dvd of the rugby world cup final. Brilliant fun and top it all off we won again! :hyper:
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Incidentally, is this now the game of the has-been? Is Chelsea vs. Liverpool the new Arsenal-Man U? ;)

No.

Liverpool got rolled over by Chelsea when they played them earlier in the league. It was a non-contest.

Man Utd vs Chelsea is the new Man Utd vs Arsenal.

Regarding the match, we should have won but were wasteful. Ronaldo's miss was pretty shocking. RvN was uncharacteristically wasteful as well. I was pleased with the perfomance and thought Fletcher and O'shea did brilliantly against boring boring Arsenal's 5 in midfield ;) (remember when Wenger said he would never play it, wanker). Va va voom had his head somewhere in Catalonia but I expected as much. And there was no penalty, it was a great challenge.