Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stupid beds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just a little rant this mayget moved but why do hotels aboard when you are booking a summer holiday always come up with twin rooms and not a double bed. Sorry just had to get that off my chest.

Comments

• Options
    Because not everyone who goes on holiday is a couple and therefore want's to share a bed with the person they are with.

I'd be much more annoyed if I went abroad with my 6ft 4in, 16stone best mate and they gave us a double bed
  • Options
    I can understand that, as I have shared a room many times with my brother in the past on holiday. But this time I'm going away with my boyfriend and it would be nice to have one. I know its going to be two singles pushed together, it always is.
  • Options
    If you go to a hotel, its not usually a problem - you get a choice of double or twin room. When you're in s/c apartments though, they are always singles to accomodate that variety in clientelle

Some apartments will let you order a double in advance, but they are very few and far between.

Once went working away with my boss to Dusseldorf, and on arrival found we had a double room between us. Ended up booking a room in the hotel next door as our hotel was full!!!!!! I always ask when I'm booking ahotel room now.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Can't you tell them you want a double bed when booking?
  • Options
    There does not seem to be a choice to pick a double bed on the site that we are booking the holiday through, but all the pictures of the hotel show the twin rooms as having the beds pushed together. It won't be that bad really. Its just going to be great to spend a whiole week together with out either of our families around.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Ah sorry, I figured you were doing it through a phone call.
    That's still wrong though. They should have put a "notes" textbox to let you add any more information you want.
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    Ah sorry, I figured you were doing it through a phone call.
    That's still wrong though. They should have put a "notes" textbox to let you add any more information you want.

They should have a text box, I've just found the hotels actually web page and eventhough it says twin rooms it looks like a double bed, well the covers go over the whole bed (where some I have stay in had to beds pushed together but the had thier own covers.
  • Options
    Just use the single bed for both of ya ;)

Have a good holiday, Im sure if theres any discrepencies you can phone or sort it out when you get there; hotels in my experience are normally keen to sort out any problems or issues so they dont look bad :-)
  • Options
    In many parts of the continent they don't do double beds, they are all two single mattresses put together in the same frame, or pushed together. That's the case in Germany and Austria, its quite a good idea really, as the two people can ahve different hardness on their mattress.