Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bad Ket

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've only done ket a few times, got some the other night and it was quite different to the stuff we usually did, slightly different buzz, didnt enjoy it that much. I was wondering how much the quality of ket tends to vary? can you get "bad" ket or would it just have been cut?

Comments

• Options
    ket, i'll assume ketamine..?

I guess it really depends all on your type
    Liquids are typically diluted with water

Powders are typically cut with other similair looking substances

Pills are becoming a problem. I've heard of ketamine in pills marketed as Ecstacy, you just never know what you're going to get in these damn home-made pills.

Gel is a new apperence of ketamine, to combat abuse. I'm not sure if it's hit the UK yet, but it's becoming popular in the USA (at least around me). I can't think of how you could really "cut" this gel.. i guess vasaline or something :yuck:

if you got a liquid or powder, i'd say it was cut with something
    if you got it in pill form, it could've been a totally different drug
    if you got it in gel, who the hell knows
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Ketamine is highly dose dependent, and it is almost impossible to judge how much you are taking, so it sounds to me like you had a different experience because you had a different amount, or you were feeling different, or doing something different to last time- impossible to give you a definitive answer really because so many diffferent things affect your experience.
  • Options
    Pills are becoming a problem. I've heard of ketamine in pills marketed as Ecstacy, you just never know what you're going to get in these damn home-made pills.

Had a couple of these on Saturday, and they were nasty. They cut your stomach to shreds and there was barely any actual MDMA in them at all. They were white Mitsubishi's and the were bloody huge. Steer clear of them!
  • Options
    Like all psychedelics, ketamine is very dependant upon set and setting. I think this is most likely your problem.
  • Options
    is ket they use in hospitals ne different from animal ket?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    No, it is exactly the same substance. Ketamine, a dissociative anaesthetic, is used on humans and animals because it has the advantage of not depressing respiration or circulation. It just blocks the nerve paths, which is why you typically get really clumsy if you have taken a small dose.

The disadvantage in a medical setting is that adults can start hallucinating on it - dissociative in the sense that is separates your mind and body. It is all to do with your sense of self. If, like animals and young children, you haven't developed a sense of self, you don't feel the separation. If you are self-aware it can be really frightening, as anyone who has hit a k-hole can probably tell you.

The is a bit more information on TheSite, and much more on Erowid.
  • Options
    mm other ppl ave said it was weird aswel. the powder seem different to what it usually is too. i reckon it was cut with something.
  • Options
    I have heard reports of people finding different types of ketamine feel different, one bloke I knew once complained his ket was too medical and wasnt 'dirty' enough.

Of course this has no basis in chemical fact that I can think of, I guess with a hallucinogen as strong as ketamine experiences are highly subjective.
  • Options
    hahaha ^
    my morphine is too medical i want it DIRTY!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Most of the ket I've coem across has been in liquid form. With that we stick it in the oven or microwave on a saucer and turn it to powder.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Well in my area with the people that I know, Ketamine is almost NEVER pure.

However if you do get pure ketamine it will shine and glitter a little.

Put a little onto your hand and check it out.

Pure Ketamine shines and glistens a bit.

Cut Ketamine just lookes like a powder.

This is because Ketamine isn't actually a powder... It's tiny crystals. That stuff burns holes in your nose if you do it A LOT. So just watch out.

Pure Ketamine is much better. :)