Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Plainful lump by my breast

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all

This is partly just a worried vent. I have a spherical lump about 2cm diameter to the side of my right breast. It really hurts because it's right by my armpit almost on the surface and it's rubbing. It doesn't move under the skin and it's really firm. I don't have any other changes in my breasts (though they are sore, my menstrual cycle is fucked so that could be PMS). I know that since I'm not even 20 yet it's unlikely to be serious but I was wondering if anyone could think of something I could do to reduce the pain as much as anything else. I have it covered with cotton wool to stop the rubbing but it still hurts and paracetamol doesn't hurt. I only have to get through one more day at work before the surgery opens again.

I presume I wouldn't be wasting my doctor's time by booking an emergency appt on Tues am? I don't want to wait 2 weeks.

Oh, and please tell me it's nothing, I need to hear that! Can't believe I'm getting so spooked over something so small.

Comments

• Options
    You'll never be certain til you know,Ad go get it looked at and sooner the better!! Yopu'll neva be at rest til you do!
  • Options
    definitely get it looked at, but i'm sure it's nothing serious.

don't worry about the emergency appointment, you are worried, and 2 weeks is too long. i think it's natural to crap yourself if you find something in your body that wasn't there before, and your doc should appreciate this.

in the meantime, try wearing loose clothes, and going bra-less if the straps are irritating it. other than that, i'm not sure there is anything you can do.

good luck :)
  • Options
    It probably won't be anything to worry about, and is probably just a cyst or something, but two weeks can be the difference if the worst did happen.

You're not too young to get it. Get that emergency appointment booked, and get your mind put at rest. You could also go to the walk-in centre at your local hospital.
  • Options
    Yeah its probably a small boil or something, also if it is right near your armpit it could be a gland and if that is swollen that would hurt! I wouldn't worry about it!
  • Options
    Well I woke up this morning and it's bled all over the place which is obviously not brilliant but makes me feel less like it's worth worrying about. If it's still swollen and sore tomorrow I'll go to the doctor but I'm not worried any more; just in pain.