Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Camera is pissing me off!!

Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
:mad: I've been trying to get my NYE pics off of my digi cam, and its refusing to show itself in my computer as a mass storage device. It show's itself with a camcorder icon, and refuses to show any of the photos on the camera, i've uninstalled it and reinstalled it about 5 times now and its fucking me off no end, I am in serious need of help :(

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Is it supposed to appear as a storage device? My dad's digital camera doesn't and he needs to use a special program to access the photos. If you haven't used it before, check if that is so. If you have, maybe the solution is in whether you changed anything in your computer since last time you used the camera.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is it a new camera? Has it worked before?

You should be able to navigate in to the icon, even if it's registered as a camera rather than a disk.
  • Options
    I havent a clue how im going to get the pictures off the camera otherwise.

It's now well and truely fucked up my winamp too, I now Can't even start Winamp without it causing an internal error.

Fuck sake, I'd take the camera back If i could only get the sodding pictures off it :@ :mad: Grrr ffs etc
  • Options
    Getting angry and swearing does not help the problem, really does it.
    Try going on to the manufacters website and see the FAQ section and see if that solves your problem if not then e-mail them and explain your problem i'm sure they'll be happy to help you. But i know how u feel. when sumthing like this happens to me it is anonying.
    Anyways try that and if no luck i'll keep thinking for u in the meantime.
  • Options
    Is the memory card removable? If it is, take it and the camera back to the shop, get them to retrieve it with one of their memory card reader things and replace the camera.

Do you have to install a driver? what software came with the camera?
  • Options
    I've sorted it now, I sat up for about 4 hours reading this ridiculously small printed manual, I then found the option in the camera to change it to a mass storage device, for the life of me I dont remember changing it >.<

by the way adambombz, please refrain from being such an arse... Or atleast get a slightly higher post count before flaming me ¬_¬