Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

depressed...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi I've been pretty depressed for the last couple of days :( . I need some cheering up. What would YOU guys advise me to do for some cheering up!?

Comments

• Options
    buy a joke book? :p
  • Options
    watch peter kay dvd!
  • Options
    Take away what is making you depressed.
  • Options
    Hey 420
    Sorry to hear you've not been feeling great - especially over Chrimbo and New Year.
    Have you spoken to anyone close to you about how you're feeling? Sometimes just getting things out in the open can help to put problems into perspective.
    You don't say much about why you feel low - is there anything specific going on in your life that's causing you to feel this way? If it's just a slump then hopefully with a bit of time you can start to feel more like yourself again but if it's something more permanent it might be worth going to see your GP to see if they can offer any advice.

Take a look at some of the articles here on TheSite, such as:
    What is depression?

The signs

I'm going to move this thread over to health as it might get a better response.

Take care :)
  • Options
    Hey 420 :wave: I hope u follow the advice Spanner gave. I know when I was feeling down it was always helpful to have a friend or family member to listen to me. If you are really down then it would be better to talk to somebody more experience at dealing with these problems like a doctor or counsellor/psycotherapist. If you have a friend to talk to then they could come with you for support. I hope you feel better soon :)
  • Options
    420 wrote:
    hi I've been pretty depressed for the last couple of days :( . I need some cheering up. What would YOU guys advise me to do for some cheering up!?

I think your name holds the clue to a suitable remedy.
  • Options
    Tub of icecream, chocolate and slap on the best film you can find. Oh an also get together with your mates all ways works. :thumb: