Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Scary problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Scary because I don't want to be without my computer while I'm still playing with my Ipod....

I downloaded a new theme for XP. Did a virus scan etc which came up clean.

I rebooted but the computer wouldn't go past the screen which says "press TAB for post, press DEL for start-up". The keyboard wouldn't respond although the first bios beep went off ok and the keyboard lit up briefly but wouldn't respond to anything - and the optic light on my mouse was off.

I put in the recovery disk but although the CD ROM was working, I don't think the bios is set up for it to work first.

I removed all the cables (including the power) from the machine, left it for a few minutes and plugged them all back in (bar my cable modem ethernet lead and my Ipod USB cable) and it started up perfectly.

I did a system restore and it went back a few days.

When I rebooted I plugged everything back in and the same problem occured. Curiously when I removed all cables again and plugged them in again, I omitted the Ipod USB again - and the machine started up perfectly.

I don't think it's anything to do with the Ipod - I've had it sisnce Christmas with no problems - but does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments