Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ulcer on eyeball

It seems that I have a deep ulcer on my eyeball, caused by something getting underneath my contact lens and rubbing the cornea. Needless to say, it knacks.

I've been to the eye hospital, they've given me drops, but does anyone know of any ways of reducing the pain? I know I shouldn't be doing VDU work, but I had important emails to attend to, and the PC is going off in two seconds flat.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you do need to use the vdu, wear sunglasses... I suffer from bad migraine and when i need to use the computer during an attack it really does help.

For the pain, i cant think of anything other than regular painkillers im afraid
  • Options
    Kermit, I had an eye ulcer back in the late 80s. Went straight to the Shrewsbury hospital and had some checks carried out + drops. It was the most goddamned painful experience, but be assured that it won't last very long. You have posted this yesterday and it will be mostly gone by the weekend.

If you need to use the computer, try accessing a TFT screen as they are much kinder on the eye.
  • Options
    Optrex might help, being a bit soothing and keeping the area clean and preventing further infection. I know it is slightly different, but I had a cyst the size of a peanut in my lower eyelid and it helped