Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

music downloads..help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just a quicky. i got an mp3 player for christmas and just downloaded 3 songs (costing £0.79p each) from tescodownloads.com. however when i try to send them to my mp3 player it says it can't be copied as it is protected with a digital license? surely not when i've paid for it!

perhaps i'm just being stupid...? :grump:

Comments

• Options
    The digital license is on there so it can't be copied and just given to anyone (someone want to confirm/correct this?).

Reading the tescodownloads.com site though (and this page here), have you tried copying the file to your mp3 player using Windows Media Player?

I've never tried anything like this with my MP3 player so i'm not sure :/, sorry!
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote:
    The digital license is on there so it can't be copied and just given to anyone (someone want to confirm/correct this?).

Reading the tescodownloads.com site though (and this page here), have you tried copying the file to your mp3 player using Windows Media Player?

I've never tried anything like this with my MP3 player so i'm not sure :/, sorry!

As Rich-E has said about the Tesco download site there is a question & answer.

I've had a look and the file you've downloaded is in a WMA Codec.

Unfortunately Apple's iPod uses an encoding format that is unique to Apple and the iPod. Therefore the Apple iPod does not directly support transfer of files in WMA format downloaded from Tesco Downloads.

If you need any more help then check the Tesco website:

Playing Tesco Download Tracks
  • Options
    oooh done it! thankyou. :D:D
  • Options
    I'd recommend http://www.allofmp3.com/ as its a lot cheaper, and you can choose the precise format you want to download in. Its cheap because if it was in the UK, it would be illegal, but it goes through russian legal loopholes so its completely legal yet they're basically just copying all the songs and not paying the big label names the huge fees.

:)
  • Options
    cheers. i did look at that website but it looked confusing :\