Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I haven't had Christmas Day yet!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anybody else celebrating Christmas Day late this year?
My brother has gone to his g/f's parents today, so we decided to delay having Christmas dinner, unwrapping presents, etc, until Boxing Day.
So today just didn't feel at all Christmassy. Just felt a bit odd really.

Comments

• Options
    at least you have something to look forward to tomorrow :D
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It didn't feel Christmassy for me either, just an ordinary day. But not as a delay, just how it was. I can understand "delaying" it though.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    We do it when my Dad is working, so when he returns we celebrate.

He was home this year though, woo! :D
  • Options
    at least you have something to look forward to tomorrow :D
    Yeah, true.
    And my brother has a second huge turkey Christmas Dinner, with all the trimmings, pudding, chocs, sweets, etc to look forward to too. :lol:
  • Options
    Mum was at work most of xmas day (from 6:30am til 10pm but with 12-5pm off so we waited til she got home at 10pm to open presents as in her 5 hours off we had my grandmothers round and had lunch etc. Most of the day I spent helping prepare the lunch, lay the table, washing up, drying up, putting stuff away etc so not too much fun but it had to be done!
  • Options
    All I can say is thank fuck it's over. Yesterday was the most hectic, stressful Christmas I can ever remember what with one thing and another.