Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hair Removal Creams

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Now i've never used them before and i thought i would give them a try for over christmas....but i wanted some advice on if they are any good, ones you would reccomend and any tips (if any :D ) on best way to use

Comments

• Options
    Jamie LJamie L Posts: 129 The Mix Convert
    I've used two products - one of which I know is available here in the UK. The other was an Australian brand.

Nads for Men and Veet for Men

Depending on the scope of what you want removed - waxing may be worth looking at also.

Jamie
  • Options
    It depends on where you want to remove hair from.
  • Options
    well i was gonna use it on usual places (under arms,legs, bikini line) i couldn't bare the thought of having a wax done :no:
  • Options
    I've always found that most hair removal creams are useless they don't seem to remove all of the hair.
  • Options
    Nair is ok, but i find they all stink and burn after a while.
  • Options
    beans wrote:

I use to use veet when I was about 13/14 (Immac) But after using it for about 6months to a year it caused a bad rash on my lower left leg, even though I used the sentive one. That patch of skin still gets very dry at times now and I have to be careful what I use now, as at times it can still cause irriation.
  • Options
    try searching, there are other threads about this.

i use veet hair removal cream, does a grand job.
  • Options
    try searching, there are other threads about this.

i use veet hair removal cream, does a grand job.

I must admit when i used veet(immac) it did go a great job at removing hairs and it stayed smoth for a good 2/3weeks, but for some reason one day I just reacted badly to it, even though it had only been on my leg for the time it stated on the tube.
  • Options
    mine doesn't stay smooth for that long, but i do use it on my downstairs bits.

you might want to do a test piece thingy before to check you don't react to it. but then the poster above me...shows you can have a reaction any time.
  • Options
    Well i bought some cream and wax strips.Tried the cream and it never really worked i ended up shaving in the end!!!
    I'm petrified of using the wax......... :no:
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    i used nair not that good but i stink of the stuff now!
  • Options
    i swera by that veet razera (sp?) I only use it on my bikini line and it works great! I dont think its as good as shaving on your legs, but definantly for the bikini area!