Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

late period

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how late should your period be before you worry?

Comments

• Options
    It depends on many factors:
    Are your periods really regular?
    Are you on the pill?
    Have you have unprotected sex?
    Have you lost weight (a lot over a short period of time), as this can effect your period,
    Have you been stressed lately?

If yours are noramlly like clock work and there is a possibility that you could be pregant then I would wait no longer then a week, if they ilregular then its harder I would say wait may be a couple of weeks.

If you have been stressed/lost weight I would go to the doctors and tell them and ask for blood tests to be done to check you homone levels and your liver funtions etc, there is a good article on here about this.
  • Options
    !
  • Options
    Missed periods Here is the article. I had the same condition this time last year. My doctors where very good and sent me for blood tests and did a pregancy test just to be on the safe side.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    69Angel69 wrote:
    how late should your period be before you worry?

It completely depends on you and your natural cycle.

Little_one is right.

However, stress and worry can delay it too. If you are really concerned then if there is a chance you could be pregnant, take a test. If not and it is only a few days late, don't worry too much.