Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Driving Instructors

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Was wondering who you learnt to drive with. I'm looking at having lessons in Birmingham and want someone who is reasonably priced but effective and efficient too! BSM and the AA are expensive but have good reputations I think, anyone heard of Red driving School or Acclaim? Any other suggestions? I have no experience at all of driving! Help would be very much appreciated. Thanks x

Comments

• Options
    I learnt to drive with a local driving instructor that my mate recommended to me. So id ask around your mates and see if they have any recommendations :)
  • Options
    I'm gonna say go with what people have recomended to you. Besides the public driving instruction, there was only one private where I lived so I had no choices.

My driving teacher used to make me drive her out of town to the mall to buy pet supplies for her dog. So you probably want to stay away from that. :p
  • Options
    My driving instructor's moving to the AA...

Ilora x
  • Options
    I learnt to drive with the guy who taught Wayne Bridge of Chelsea and England fame how to drive. He never fucking shut up about it.
  • Options
    I went with LDC, who were alright because the company was only effectively an advertising tool for the instructors, and vice versa. I wouldn't reccomend BSM at all - Apart from being stupidly expensive i've heard numerous stories about them off my instructor and others - such as my instructor's friend, who recieved a written warning for having too high a pass rate and so not making them enough money.
  • Options
    I went/am with the guy who taught my boyfriend to drive (a friend of the family who works for some local company or whatever) and 3 of my boyfriends mates went with him aswell, and he's a lovely bloke, if you pick a random insturctor it's gonna be pretty much pot luck on whether they are any good/easy to get along with or not.
  • Options
    Sounds like BSM aren't ideal then. Does anyone know any independent instructors in Birmingham as none of my friends have learnt to drive or if they have not in Birmingham?
  • Options
    I just went to a local one round here, haven't been in over 3 months though.