Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ugh please help! Could I get pregnant in this situation?!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am in a relationship and during sex the condom split without either of us realising until it was too late! Thing is, I started my period the morning after. Could I still get pregnant? This happened last night so I still have time to get emergency contraception if need be. I know it is better to be safe than sorry but I am just wondering. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    If you do not take other forms of contraception, then yes you could get pregnant. You can get pregnant at any time during your cycle, including when you are on your period.

You should really take a secondary form of contraception too.
  • Options
    Ok, thanks. Unfortunately I had to work today and I asked my partner to get the morning after pill for me but they only allow the person who is taking it can buy it. So I must go first thing tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    You can also be fitted with an IUD up to 5 days after unprotected sex. For your own peace of mind, it might be a good idea to explore additional contraceptive options to use alongside condoms :)
  • Options
    Thanks for that advise too. I just realised that my doctors isn't open tomorrow and neither are any walk-in clinics or family planning clinics. I'm beginning to worry now ..
  • Options
    Ring NHS direct and ask them where is open and available to get the MAP.

You'll be waiting a few hours to get your answer, but yuou have all night.
  • Options
    in theory you can get pregnant at any time of your cycle, but to be honest, youre not that likely to be since you came on straight away. Its probably one of your least fertile times, but id still suggest the MAP to put your mind at rest.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Even though the chances are slim I think getting the MAP or an IUD fitted would give you peace of mind. Better to be safe than sorry IMO.
  • Options
    i dont know :yippe: could be but u beta talkin to a doc

xx
  • Options
    i know what your going throu, it happened to me at one time. I wasn't on the pill , but we did use a condom, but sadly it broke. We we're not in the right mind to be like this, we were so unresponsible. But the guy knew about the morning after pill, we went together, but the person who gives it away , wasn't in tell a certain time, we had to work ,so i went on my own. It wasn't easy , because i was fearing about throwing up and not giving the pill its chance. within a week later on started the birth control pill. Havnt stop! But yes my fear would be to get prego , especially at my age (23) jobless and in a relationship that both partners are completely ready for a family.

I will do my best to be safe and not get prego.
    I hope your not! and i hope you were able to get things straightened out.
    lets us know how it goes.
  • Options
    sauce wrote:
    i dont know :yippe: could be but u beta talkin to a doc

I'm genuinely interested in why on earth you decided to post this?
  • Options
    lol kermit!
  • Options
    you can get the morning after pill from boots pharmacies, well you could when i worked there im sure you still can
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I managed to get the MAP :D very helpful everyone, apart from the post kermit pointed out. Weird lol ...