Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Registered email addresses

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just a quick note to ask people to make sure their emails are up to date, we're getting lots of bounce backs from people who have selected to get emails when subscribed threads are replied to but are still registered under old addresses.

So can you update your email, or stop automatically subscribing to threads? We know who you are and don't want to have to suspend any accounts.

Oh and when you update your email remember that you need to click on the email that's sent out and it may end up in your junk mail folder.

Any problems let me know.

Comments

• Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Just a quick note to ask people to make sure their emails are up to date
    Any problems let me know.
    It's the ones that report them as spam that wind me up...
  • Options
    *bump*
  • Options
    *bumpety bump*
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    We know who you are

Maybe they dont know who they are?

Can't you configure the server to send from noreply@thesite.org or something? and actually have nothing picking up the mail there? that-way you'd not get notified when the e-mails bounce back?
  • Options
    Mine wont work when I try to update it coz my old name has it and thats banned so I cant change it in there. :(
  • Options
    noog wrote:
    Can't you configure the server to send from noreply@thesite.org or something? and actually have nothing picking up the mail there? that-way you'd not get notified when the e-mails bounce back?
    And blacklisted
  • Options
    Plus we want people to be able to reply to emails they get - it'd the quickest way of dealing with problems

Basic - PM me and I'll sort it out
  • Options
    Jamie LJamie L Posts: 129 The Mix Convert
    *bump*
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    The problem is probably because of people who used to post here but have since left and forgotten all about thesite, so it makes sense that they wouldn't update their profile after they've changed email. In that case, this thread won't help...
  • Options
    It's current users only that are a problem - as they are subscribed to current threads that are replied to - long left users don't produce bounce backs as the threads they've subscribed to are long since dead.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I see, ok. I misunderstood.