Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I love cacti!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its so sad I know but i am so addicted to cacti! Dad took me up the local garden centre for xmas tree stuff-what did I get-new cactus!

Told new bloke at work-what do they get me for xmas? three cacti!

Did you know they even do special soil stuff (dirt as I was running around the garden centre looking for...)for cacti!?

Maybe its because they represent me-easy to look after but they don't half hurt if you mistreat them? Or naybe because I hardly drink water just like them!

Anyone else like cacti-or do you find yourself obsessed over any other type of plant? Or are you all just plant haters and stamp on dafodils?

Comments

• Options
    hehe I know a couple of people who are fans of cacti. I think they are pretty cool, apart from when they prick you :(

You got enough room for em all then?
  • Options
    to be honest no-I mean I am not good with plants and I think one of mine is on its way out! I try to put them on my window sill but they're crowding out my natwest piggies-and they've been there years!

I started to like them when I did a poster at uni-first year thing where we had to choose a topic to do with plants and the envrionment-don't know why we chose cacti but we did. I then got my first three!

and yes bloody hurt when you drop them off the window sill and they land on your toes! Ouch!
  • Options
    I've got my Grandma one of these for Christmas - so cool. It's really tiny, the cactus is about 1 square cm!
  • Options
    oh my gosh! I want one!!! Wow! You know that might help me to remember my keys hmm wheres my bloke so I can drop the hint....
  • Options
    peyote .. san pedro .. yes .. cacti good :yes:
  • Options
    I have a peace lily and love it! This year it has flowered three times....they only flower if they are happy!
  • Options
    It might be that i'm stoned but I just found that first post absolutely hilarious
  • Options
    This looks so cool
    Ant Facts No 1
    Ants are one of the oldest living creatures on earth. Like sharks, they haven't changed much in millions of years. Nature got it right first time, proving the old axiom "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Ant Facts No 2
    Ants are the world's strongest creature in relation to their size. They can carry 10-20 times their bodyweight. They are also the longest living of all insects.

Ant Facts No 3
    At any given moment, there are at least 1015 ants living on earth That's a number so large - and involving more zeros than is polite to use in mixed company - that there are two words for it: Billiard (if you're British) and Quadrillion (if you're American, or just easily swayed by the trans-Atlantic influence - I mean, their Billions are tiny compared to ours, aren't they). Anyway, that represents 0.1% of all the planet's insects.
    I find myself acting like a mother with a newborn... the slightest noise in the night and I'm up checkin on me little fellas just to make sure he ain't dug a one way tunnel into a perspex wall and bashed his little antenna in!
    I was down at first when I had caught them all and they seemed to not want to stay or do anything but overnight they transformed from homesick insects to determined builders
    My partner and I are more interested in studying the ants (or 'my boys' as they are known) than each other these days!

Edited because I just found this comment :eek2:
    This is the second review I have written, but this device is absolutely the best thing ever invented. I am so attached to my four flatmates, I've had their names tattooed on my arm, next to little ant caricatures of them. I can't tell you how much I want to be an ant and just bust around their tunnels with them. I've been praying to Jesus to reincarnate me as an ant. If he agrees, I'm going to jump off the roof of my flats. It is going to be awesome.
    Josh
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    i hope ur cat dies