Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pill thing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i know the answer to this is probably yes but no harm in asking just to be sure.
I am on the pill which i take at 9pm every night but i had sex at 4pm and didn't realise that i'd lost my pills so i didn't take one that night. the next night i just took the one fo that night and not the late one. i was still covered right?

Comments

• Options
    Assuming I'm reading this correctly; No, you aren't definitely safe. It all depends on the pill. Which pill are you on? A lot of pills, but not all, require you to use backup for 7 days after one missed pill. You should really have taken the one you missed and the one the next night. If it was in the last 7 days of the pack then (again, depending on pill type) you should run two packs together.

If you could give me the name of your pill I'll be able to help more :)

Maybe get the MAP just incase?
  • Options
    i'm on femodette, it does mention the 7 day thing but i assumed that since the whole sex took place before i was due to take my pill i'd still be sort of covered, i didn't think to take the late pill thinking back now i should of, and since it was the saturday(10th) pill and i took my last pill on friday (16th) i am running the next pack back to back. map would be no good now this happened over a week a go.
  • Options
  • Options
    that confused me
  • Options
    My only concern would be that sperms lives up to 3 days blah blah and the pill works by a constant supply of hormones, you know the routine. You're probably fine, there's the slimmest chance that you could have ovulated because technically you weren't covered for 24 hours. But the pill works by three ways, so even if you did ovulate then it's unlikely sperm could get through.

Hope it all works out ok for you :) Good luck :)
  • Options
    Thats a really good chart, it makes it really clear what you should do.
  • Options
    According to what girl with shart teeth posted (which is v.helpful!), if you were on Femodette and took the late pill no extra contraception would have been needed and you are fine; but as you didn't take the late pill I'm not sure what the position is. I guess just try not to worry :)
  • Options
  • Options
    onabun wrote:
    According to what girl with shart teeth posted (which is v.helpful!), if you were on Femodette and took the late pill no extra contraception would have been needed and you are fine; but as you didn't take the late pill I'm not sure what the position is. I guess just try not to worry :)
    :yes:
  • Options
    i'm taking my next pill pack back to back so i wont have a break till about the 6th of january thats when i finish the pack i'm just getting a bit paranoid now
  • Options
    ok this is gonna sound groos but i just been to the loo and i was about to flush when i saw what looked like mucus down the toilet and it was a pale brown colour sorta like when your finsihing a period but i've never had that before and when i wiped nothing came out if you get what i meen sorry for the grossness
  • Options
    The pill can give you weird discharge and clots.. could even be spotting if it carries on, especially as you are running packs back to back. I wouldn't worry until the 6th of Jan, then you will know the situation if you get your period or not.

I know in the past that I've worried myself sick by being so paranoid and it's turned out to be fine, so just try not to worry over xmas or take a pregnancy test, I think you can do it 2 weeks after you had sex but don't quote me on that.

:)
  • Options
    If you miss pill/ unprotected sex and don't take MAP within 72 hours, the option of an IUD is there for a week...
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    If you miss pill/ unprotected sex and don't take MAP within 72 hours, the option of an IUD is there for a week...
    this all happened 10 days ago