Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Curse of online friends websites

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently I joined bebo, via invite from my ex best friend. We sent each other the usual "hi, how are you" types until I asked her to meet up when she came home from uni. I kept asking her questions about herself, hows uni, are you enjoying the course etc and she never asked me about my life (though she was always a bit selfish) and then she started in on me asking why didn't I buy her a christmas present last year. :confused:
Truth is, we weren't friendly by that stage and she had deserted me for her boyfriend (theyve since split)

Regressing into the doormatt I was to her, I sent her an invite her out one day when she was home from uni over this Christmas and she never replied. Then today I get a fucking message, saying "hey home soon and I want to see you xx"

I mean, wtf? My friends who knew us both in school keep reminding me she treated me like a dickend and fucked off every time a whiff of dick came around or a new girl joined the class with a higher ponytail :mad:
Why should I give her another chance? After she left school she hung out with all her arty mates and truly just.fucked.off, leaving me to make new friends because she had alienated all her own.

I just wanted to rant, sorry :blush:

Why did I even extend an invite to her in the first place?

Comments

• Options
    So...Whats this girls name? Because this situation feels eeerily familiar! Guess we all have "friends" like that! What a bitch though eh, and kind of a slut!
  • Options
    Doesn't seem like someone who knows how to be an equal friend, be less doormat-ish and educate her in the ways of being...nice. Either that or ignore her.
  • Options
    Shes not treating you how a good friend should! she treating you a bit like a doormat as ^^^^ said i wouldn't take her back shes messing you about, and shes bring up stupid stuff like why didnt you give me a christmas pressy last year! i mean com'on shes living in the past and im guessing this has happened before so i wouldn't let it happend again!
  • Options
    just let her do the chasing.
  • Options
    I think I will either just ignore her til she contacts me by means other than bloody internet which i slightly cowardly after her outburst, otherwise I'll ignore her..no skin off my back!

Oh and subject13, this girl is from Belfast so don't think it's the same one...I'm just a sucker :rolleyes:
  • Options
    :yes: Thats what i would do

So has she contacted you yet?