Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

help...stockings!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right, i need to buy some stockings for when i go out on boxing day, but i dont know how they are sized! ive seen some where you go off your shoe size, and some that go off your waist size (why i dont know when they go nowhere near your waist! :confused: ).
Anyway, i am a pear shapped sort of person, so therefore i have big thighs! do i need to measure my thigns before i get stockings!
also im only short so im scarred that if i get large to go round my thighs they'll be too long, but if i get small they'll be too tight!

Any info? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Knee High Stripy Socks should be able to help you. :p
  • Options
    Are you wearing a skirt out or what?
    I bought stockings in Anne Summers measured by waist size, 10-12. I wouldn't go on shoe size seems an inaccurate way of measuring what size stockings you'd need IMO :confused:
  • Options
    I know that pantyhose come in sizes depending on your height and weight. This probably will be no help to you but I have that small bit of hope.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    pantyhose
    :lol:
  • Options
    :lol:

That was one useful comment!

After reading many "tights" related threads, I've come to the conclusion that pantyhose is the same as tights. Since its in a stockings thread I thought I could use the word, and also it didn't really cross my mind. I prefer to use the whole word of pantyhose than just hose, which most people use.
  • Options
    I just miss Americanisms :( My mum calls knickers panties, so that's the best I've got in the house. *shudder*
  • Options
    I just miss Americanisms :( My mum calls knickers panties, so that's the best I've got in the house. *shudder*

My dads birthday today and I bought him a 2006 daily "bushsisms" callender. He almost died laughing. [/random]

And panties, yay!!
  • Options
    Well I am a cheap skate and I bought a pair form Primark for £2 and they are really good.
  • Options
    ive never bought stockings but usually when i buy tights they do it by height then they fit into catergories - small, medium and large
  • Options
    erm i got mine from beaties and they were sized 8-10 etc and they're cool!! n aint ripped as of yet..
  • Options
    no use to the thread i know but..

What you being on boxing day???? :hyper:
  • Options
    primark were selling ok stockings i think they might still be there. go by your waist size, but many are just small medium and large and medium usualy work well for most people unless you are very tall or very short.
  • Options
    Mel-H wrote:
    no use to the thread i know but..

What you being on boxing day???? :hyper:

I was a stop and search police woman, i got it from ann summers!

btw, i got stockings from primark, decided to go for the safe medium option! :yes: