Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Describe a woman's voice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What phrase could you use to describe a woman's voice, in as few words as possible. I am writing a script for a radio drama as part of a uni assignment and my mind has gone blank. Any suggestions on how to characterise my protagonist via description of her voice greatly appreciated. Need to use as few words as poss, word count and that. Right, she's white, about 30, successful, educated, single, no children, brought up in countryside of cambridge, lives and works in london, well dressed- always smartly turned out, dominant, ambitious etc. Any ideas?

x

Comments

• Options
    Not manly
  • Options
    the voice of a broken china cup.
  • Options
    my ex boyfriend once said to my friends that my voice was 'as soothing as a cigarette after sex' always thought that was a great quote
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Not manly

lmao

not going to use it, but it did make me giggle.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    lmao

not going to use it, but it did make me giggle.

Oh I love you. Since I've stopped haning out with stoners I can't make anybody laugh no matter how funny I thought I was. Sorry it was a useless post, i really couldnt' think of antying and needed time to waste. I'm just curious and want to make this random sutpid post of use, can I ask why you want to know? Maybe that would give others a better idea of what to say and think of in terms of what your looking for.
  • Options
    the voice of a broken china cup.
    that should have been ...broken china voice.
  • Options
    I'm writing a script, for a radio drama. Thought I should include a brief (just a few words) description of the woman's voice. For instance, the opening is :

INTRODUCTION: (with a BBC newscastor’s voice) This pocast deals with subjects of a frankly

but Katy doesn't have a voice description...
  • Options
    Sharp
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    What phrase could you use to describe a woman's voice, in as few words as possible. I am writing a script for a radio drama as part of a uni assignment and my mind has gone blank. Any suggestions on how to characterise my protagonist via description of her voice greatly appreciated. Need to use as few words as poss, word count and that. Right, she's white, about 30, successful, educated, single, no children, brought up in countryside of cambridge, lives and works in london, well dressed- always smartly turned out, dominant, ambitious etc. Any ideas?

x

dirty/husky/mature

:naughty:
  • Options
    Like a dude's. But higher. And more whinging.
  • Options
    that should have been ...broken china voice.
    That's why they have the 'edit post' function :yes: