Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cooking Disaster!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I was making myself a nice Bacon Buttie for breakfast today-left the bacon under the grill for well over 30mins now the whole of the downstairs of my house is full of smoke and it stinks! Im usually a good cook but I got distracted!

I've opened all the windows and my neighbour has come round making sure everything is ok as they saw the smoke. How do I get rid of the smell??
Anyone else this bad of a cook that they have covered their housewith smoke?

Comments

• Options
    Yes, I did this once. Forgot the bacon. Took the kids to school, went to the Post Office and did some shopping. Walked home.

If it hadn't been for the fact that the ex had chosen that night to turn the cooker off at the wall I'd have burned the house down.
  • Options
    just open all windows and try to ventilate the area. get a fan going maybe???
  • Options
    Smokes practically all gone but the smell is hanging about!!!!
  • Options
    get some oust out!
  • Options
    Scented candles?
  • Options
    Your house will probably stink of it for a while no matter what you do. Get the extractor fan going if you have one, open all the doors and windows, spray febreeze and air freshener etc as has already been suggested, and just stick it out. It'll fade by itself eventually. You could try incense sticks, but i have a feeling it'd just smell like incense and bacon then :p
  • Options
    Thanks windows r wide open tho its absolutely freezin and ive sprayed air freshner all over!
  • Options
    Cook something else that smells nice?