Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is he overreacting?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This guy I met last year and hardly talked to outside the Internet despite currently going to the same high school told me that he liked me and he knew that I didn't feel the same way. It came as a bit of a shock because he had been talking about his ex and some other girl he liked a week or two before.

Well, within a ten hour span, he decided that I hate him and no longer want to talk to him because of two IM conversations. One consisted of me giving him one word replies because I was busy finishing my homework while the other one I told him that I didn't want to answer any question he was going to ask me. I failed to include in the second IM conversation that the library only gives you one hour of free parking and I had been there for 55 minutes.

Anyway, about two hours ago, I made a quick round of the blogs and learn that he's no longer going to talk to me unless I start the conversation and that telling me that he likes me has ruined his life. However, if he's going to act like this, I don't think I want to start the conversation. I don't think he has a realistic opinion of me personality wise and I'm kind of worried that if I do talk to him, I'll wind up going on a sympathy date with him.

What finally tops this off is that I have a crush on his friend. I actually asked the guy who likes me who his friend likes before I knew that the guy had a crush on me.

Any advice? Should I talk to him or let him sort it out by himself?

Comments

• Options
    sake wrote:
    This guy I met last year and hardly talked to outside the Internet despite currently going to the same high school told me that he liked me and he knew that I didn't feel the same way. It came as a bit of a shock because he had been talking about his ex and some other girl he liked a week or two before.

Well, within a ten hour span, he decided that I hate him and no longer want to talk to him because of two IM conversations. One consisted of me giving him one word replies because I was busy finishing my homework while the other one I told him that I didn't want to answer any question he was going to ask me. I failed to include in the second IM conversation that the library only gives you one hour of free parking and I had been there for 55 minutes.

Anyway, about two hours ago, I made a quick round of the blogs and learn that he's no longer going to talk to me unless I start the conversation and that telling me that he likes me has ruined his life. However, if he's going to act like this, I don't think I want to start the conversation. I don't think he has a realistic opinion of me personality wise and I'm kind of worried that if I do talk to him, I'll wind up going on a sympathy date with him.

What finally tops this off is that I have a crush on his friend. I actually asked the guy who likes me who his friend likes before I knew that the guy had a crush on me.

Any advice? Should I talk to him or let him sort it out by himself?

He needs to take a hint. Sounds like a very silly young boy.

Just ignore him eh
  • Options
    ^ Agreed. He sounds like hes about 12 years old. Hes not worth your time.
  • Options
    give him his dummy and leave him to sulk