Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how to stop liking someone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
quick question!

how can you make yourself stop liking someone. ive got really strong feelings for a friend of mine, weve had sex a few times, but thats all he wants. its starting to take over my life, were not having sex anymore, but i just cant stop liking him!

Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    i know how rubbish this feels cos ive been in the same situation, except my 'friend' was already taken and he was cheating on her with me, hope you can get over this guy, just try to have fun and meet new guys and maybe you'll at least find someone who makes you realise this 'friend' isnt the bread and butter!
  • Options
    Change your perception of the person - focus on the bad bits, the things that annoy you. Everyone has bad bits; if you can't see them at the moment, dig harder.
  • Options
    thanks, i just feel like its really getting me down. to try and stop liking ive been picking up on his faults, but im his supervisor at work as well as his friend, and it has made a lot of awkward situations. i told him last night that i like him, but i dont want to, and he phoned me tonight saying that everything will be ok. its just when hes nice like that i like him even more!
  • Options
    Probably not too helpful a comment now but having sex with him wasnt exactly going to help the situation.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Probably not too helpful a comment now but having sex with him wasnt exactly going to help the situation.

i know, but when you like someone you'll do anything to be close to them, at least thats how i felt!
  • Options
    Best thing for it is time, we all have horizontal jigs with arseholes. Give yourself some "me" time and hang out with you girl mates. As someone said, focus ont he bad bits. Like how he never brushes his teeth before he meets you, or something.

And no, don't think that comment about not having sex in the first place was very helpful as she's seen the error of her ways and wants advice on how to get over it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Time, plus maybe removing them from your life, the less you see them, the less you think about them.
  • Options
    I have become bitter and resentful to them, deciding in my head she is a selfish, nasty and a total bitch! Gut that might not work for everyone...
  • Options
    yeh same this prolly wont help but it works for me, i just look at a really bad photo of them (like where they're looking ugly) and tell myself i'm better than them (lol ok might sound like a big ego) but it does help, knowing that they'd be lucky to even speak to you, just look at the photo and repeat the word 'slag' :thumb: .

Just keep telling yourself you don't need them, you're way better off without them, and next friday you'll be out on the pull again, and there will be loads more opportunities to come about. lol ok that's probably bad advice, and i'm only 17 and havent really been in major relationship problems like that but it sure works for me. hope it helps.

ps. listen to some music that puts you in a good mood while looking at the photo, it'll just remind you, you dont need them to be in a good, happy mood.
  • Options
    quick question!

how can you make yourself stop liking someone. ive got really strong feelings for a friend of mine, weve had sex a few times, but thats all he wants. its starting to take over my life, were not having sex anymore, but i just cant stop liking him!

Any advice?

Find someone else.
  • Options
    yeah i was (and am now!!) in the same situation as you are in!!!

i used to really like this guy - and i thought he was perfect. the only thing was - he was not interested in me in the slightest!!! and when my mates talked to me about him, they told me to think about all the bad things about him to try and get over it but i couldnt think of anything!!!
    now, about 2 months later im over him entirely!! ive realised that there are a loot of things not perfect about him, and if i HAD of ended up with him there would have been nooo way it would have worked out!!

however.. i now like another guy and the same thing is repeating itself :P so now i have to try and think about all the bad things about this guy instead!!! (although in this case i like him a loot more so its gonna be harder :( )
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Very different situation, but I need to do the same (stop liking them). There's this girl at uni, who I honestly believe is the most beutiful I've seen in my life. But from the little I know her, I can barely tolerate her. She seems to have this "I'm better than you and we both know it" attitude.
  • Options
    Hiya,been in this situation at work I got it on with a younger male friend/colleague.I cheated on my then partner of 8 years with him.It was mega intense sex was amazing and made me realise I was no longer in love with the father of my 2 children.I really fell hard for the other guy and left my bloke in the process.
    Me & guy no2 didn't last I didn't expect it to and it was harder getting over a 3 month fling then it was an 8 year relationship.seeing him everyday at work was crap too.
    However I did get over him and now we get along really well as mates and I cant believe I ever slept with him.
    One day you'll just stop fancying him and wonder what the fuss was all about.
  • Options
    I'd say bite the sour apple and let time kill it.
  • Options
    Thank you i am going through same thing

with my fiance for 7 years younger guy at work best sex ever and now he feels bad aggghhhh i am dying but i am still with my fiance omg this sucks
  • Options
    with my fiance for 7 years younger guy at work best sex ever and now he feels bad aggghhhh i am dying but i am still with my fiance omg this sucks

you deserve the pain...

sorry...
  • Options

Given the thread is over 2 years old, probably best to start your own new thread to discuss the problem again...
This discussion has been closed.