Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is it wrong to pass on recieved Christmass presents to other people

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got an early christmass present from my Boss a selection of small bottles of Port which I dont even like, would it be very wrong for me to give them to someone else as a present from me ?

Comments

• Options
    I would - as long as you are discrete and don't let anybody know about it :p.
  • Options
    Yeah just do it.
  • Options
    lol, i have a collection of things from last year, that im "recycling" this year.
    who cares really, and whos to know.
    Just be careful you dont give the same present to the person you got it from!
  • Options
    Not if the presents suck.
  • Options
    I don't think so, if you aren't going to ever make use of the present yourself then what is the harm in giving it to someone who will?
  • Options
    My mum once gave her step-mother this set of like folders and pens and stuff like that for Christmas. Come my birthday in February, guess what I got from my step-grandmother...? :yeees:
  • Options
    I have a presents recycling box, I label everything with the person I got it off so I don't inadvertantly end up giving it back lol
  • Options
    It's not wrong, it's just a bit cheap.

Make sure you don't give it to the person who gave it to you.
  • Options
    I, personally find it extremly trashy.
  • Options
    I got an early christmass present from my Boss a selection of small bottles of Port which I dont even like, would it be very wrong for me to give them to someone else as a present from me ?

I'm sure we got a bottle of port as well from someone, then gave it as a present to my aunt at Xmas and then I'm sure we got back the very same bottle from her the following year . no one likes port :chin:
  • Options
    If you are pretty certain that the person you are giving the rejected gift to will like it, then yeah why not.

But if you think they will dislike it as much as you, then don't bother.

I've never passed on an unwanted gift myself, and I don't think I would really do it though. I might feel a bit of a cheap skate, but if it's something the other person would really love then go for it. As long as they won't find out ofcourse.