Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sandals question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We all know socks and sandals only work if you are a 70yr old man wearing shorts and the socks are black. But why in the world would you wear thongs/flip flops/insert your favorite name for them here with socks? Its obvioulsy hideous, I could only imagine its not all that comfortable either.

Comments

• Options
    An absolute disgrace. :grump:

These people should be taken out of civilisation and put into a large box with airholes in it, so they can't bother normal people like us again with their sock/ flipflop hybrid wearing antics.
  • Options
    Does anyone actually do that?

Except this guy? And I think we can all agree he's an all-round Fashion don't.

However if you do feel the need for ankle warmth while wearing flip flops (!?) you could always invest in a pair of these beauties!! ;)
  • Options
    I've only seen it very few times. But I just saw one now so I had to question. at least nobody is wearing tights :p;) When socks get bunchy its uncomfortable. I couldn't imagine walking around with a toe wedgie.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    toe wedgie.

*shudders* that just reminded me of those socks you can get with individual bits for your toes. i don't know how anyone can wear them, i really don't.

but to answer your question, i don't know how anyone could wear flip flops and socks... it looks ridiculous. i don't think there's anyone in the world who could pull them off.
  • Options
    They do this a lot in Brazil but there is something not too glam about socks under Havaianas!
  • Options
    surely, the best thing about wearing flipflops is the fact you dont have to wear socks?

tis one of my fave things about the summer... taking them off and feeling the hot sand between my toes! (not having to worry about getting sand in my shoes or socks :p)
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Kat_B wrote:
    *shudders* that just reminded me of those socks you can get with individual bits for your toes. i don't know how anyone can wear them, i really don't.
    oh my god, theyre the worst things ever!! whoever designed them should be shot! i got about 5 pairs as presents for a birthday! not 1...but 5! :impissed:
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    oh my god, theyre the worst things ever!! whoever designed them should be shot! i got about 5 pairs as presents for a birthday! not 1...but 5! :impissed:

Lol -my mum used to get them for her birthday.... which is hysterical cos two of her toes on each foot are webbed!!!