Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Thrush or an STI???

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Could well be thrush, but you should go back the GUM clinic to get it seen to.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    id say for now just wear loose clothes, wear knickers rather than thongs, and just keep as clean as u can 'down there', then when it has been about 2/3 weeks go to GUM and they will do u a test, but mention it whilst u r there. good luck...oh and ive also heard that natural yoghurt relieves the itching. :thumb:
  • Options
    My mum told me to soak a tampon in live yoghurt and use it. Seems quite believable, seeing as those Canesten wipes you can get pretty much just smell of yoghurt anyway.

You could try a Diflucan tablet too, unless you've had thrush a few times recently in which case you need to check with a doctor before treating it again.

But yes, as Kentish said, it could well be thrush but you do need to get checked out. Any suspicions about the guy's history?
  • Options
    Sounds like thrush to me too. Make sure you keep using the cream as much as you need to. But it's definitely worth checking with your doctor or the GUM clinic like people have mentioned.