Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

CCTV voyeurism

I don't want to post something that sounds like rolling news, but this is probably too important to miss.

Men guilty of using CCTV to spy on naked woman

It should certainly make all those who blindly agree with CCTV to think again...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What was fantastic about that was that the CCTV room was on CCTV as well, which lead me to wonder how many layers were there?
  • Options
    I don't mind them in shopping centres or underground car parks, but I'd be seriously pissed if one could see into my bedroom window.
  • Options
    I didn't realise vouyerism was a crime per se. Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning blokes training cameras onto people's windows. But I though the law said if people can see you from the street it's as good as being 'in public'- which is the argument being used when someone complains they can see a naked man from the street :confused:
  • Options
    It's certainly one now after the Sexual Offences Act 2003, I think it was one before then.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    bongbudda wrote:
    What was fantastic about that was that the CCTV room was on CCTV as well, which lead me to wonder how many layers were there?
    :lol: Yeah...

Really, CCTV is a dangerous thing.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    :lol:

Thank heavens for CCTV. Without it we'd never have caught them ;)
  • Options
    To be fair if she's getting naked next to the window with the light on, then that's fair game...