Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

little white bits

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
i think im in the right bit, just wonderin if anyone knew what the little white dots on fingernails are all about. fortunately i am sure they aint life threatening, :thumb: but just wondered if im missing some vitamins?! it started with one, now i have 3, and ill have to keep painting them!! - i cant be arsed! :blush: lol

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You just get them when you bash the nail while it's growing. Nothing to worry about unless the nail itself is brittle.
  • Options
    nah theyre quite strong. anything i can do to get rid of them?
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    You just get them when you bash the nail while it's growing. Nothing to worry about unless the nail itself is brittle.

Thanks Kentish thats what I thought, but like Bunny I also wondered if it had anything to do with lack of vitamins. :thumb:
  • Options
    When I was younger I remember a teacher I had always used to say it was lack of calcium, which baffled me because my mother practically had me on an intravenous drip of whole milk :lol:

But yeah, I've since learned that Kentish's explanation is the right one. Nothing you can do about it except wait for the nail to grow out, and be lighter of hand, I guess.
  • Options
    out come the pots of nail varnish then ha ha! thing is i dont remember banging them. must be 'sleep - banging' lol! guna take forever to grow out. tum tee tum...nope still there...he he! thanks x
  • Options
    You knock your fingers all the time. They grow out over a few weeks.
  • Options
    I remember hearing it was a lack of calcium but I've had them for a while and I've always drank loads of milk.
  • Options
    I used to be really proud of them! I'd count them all the time. I don't know how I bashed my nails so much ... at the moment I have 7!:D
  • Options
    I thought it was the calcium thing. oops.
  • Options
    i constantly have one on my thumb :chin: have 6 in total though , proudly come second to Knee High Stripy Socks :cool:
  • Options
    I have 4 on one nail at the moment :D
  • Options
    i always have loads, cause i'm well clumsy. :/
  • Options
    i dont have any :\
  • Options
    I used to be told it was calcium also - more believable as I refused, up untill about 16, to drink milk and avoid it where possible!
  • Options
    I thought it was Zinc deficiency.
  • Options
    I have 4 on one nail at the moment :D
    bloody hell, im passing mine to you...and u can add my 3 to your one nail, and have 7 on one nail!! lol 10 all together...u lucky lucky thing lol!
  • Options
    Ever since I stopped biting my nails they'll all gone bar one.