Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I think about killing myself every day...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think about killing myself every day. not in a particularly serious way, I mean I never would!

but, isn't that kind of odd? :confused:

sorry for the random thread, I just wanted to post my random thoughts somewhere :blush:

Comments

• Options
    what you mean, like the irrational urge you sometimes get when a big lorry or bus is steaming towards you and you think .. what would happen if i jump out? i always find it distrubing that i've actually thought that but i do have a very active imagination so always think of random stuff.

does seem a little odd, maybe something in your life makes you think this way?

at least you never would, imo i think suicide is an easy way out and extremely punishing on your relatives and friends
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Robot_Alan wrote:
    what you mean, like the irrational urge you sometimes get when a big lorry or bus is steaming towards you and you think .. what would happen if i jump out? i always find it distrubing that i've actually thought that but i do have a very active imagination so always think of random stuff.

at least you never would, imo i think suicide is an easy way out and extremely punishing on your relatives and friends

Yeah, im much the same. I often wonder, what WOULD happen? I mean, i'd die, then in a few months everoyne would have forgotten anyway, except my family. And I wouldn't want to put my family through that...
  • Options
    I pretty much daily think, "I wonder what would happen if I got hit by the next car". I don't actually want to, I just wonder what it would be like. I mean, if people would actually care about me and visit me in hospital or go to my funeral and stuff.

As long as you don't actually go through with these things then I think it's just human nature to think of the worst..
  • Options
    i was once told that when your at a height its human nature to want to jump off, strange.

sorry totally off topic my bad
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    I think about killing myself every day. not in a particularly serious way, I mean I never would!

but, isn't that kind of odd? :confused:

sorry for the random thread, I just wanted to post my random thoughts somewhere :blush:

Our society is so rotten i don't blame you. Life in the UK 2005 is sickening.
  • Options
    Robot_Alan wrote:
    i was once told that when your at a height its human nature to want to jump off, strange.

sorry totally off topic my bad

I get that! Seriously, should feel bad but I do get the urge, not through any wanting to die...!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Yeah, im much the same. I often wonder, what WOULD happen? I mean, i'd die, then in a few months everoyne would have forgotten anyway, except my family. And I wouldn't want to put my family through that...

that's exactly how I feel about my family and freinds too :yes:

i'm certain I'd never do it, but it's odd that I think about it almost daily.

probably looking for the easy way out of doing my coursework :lol:
  • Options
    I think about it almost daily, only problem is sometimes i think i could actually go through with it.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Replicant wrote:
    i'm certain I'd never do it, but it's odd that I think about it almost daily.

Im not...
  • Options
    Robot_Alan wrote:
    imo i think suicide is an easy way out and extremely punishing on your relatives and friends
    have you ever been so depressed that you wanted to kill yourself? im not gonna get at you too much cos it's your opinion n everyone has them n what not but i think suicide is the hardest thing anyone feeling that way could do. it is not an easy thing to do. to say, that it is the easy way out and leaves relatives in great pain is rather selfish....you saying youd rather be happy and have your best friend around but going through utter turmoil? if it were me, id hate them to be gone but if they were in great pain id rather they were happy. of course itd be best to help them feel better but this isnt always possible....i hope what im trying to say come across ok...
  • Options
    Schnook wrote:
    have you ever been so depressed that you wanted to kill yourself? im not gonna get at you too much cos it's your opinion n everyone has them n what not but i think suicide is the hardest thing anyone feeling that way could do. it is not an easy thing to do. to say, that it is the easy way out and leaves relatives in great pain is rather selfish....you saying youd rather be happy and have your best friend around but going through utter turmoil? if it were me, id hate them to be gone but if they were in great pain id rather they were happy. of course itd be best to help them feel better but this isnt always possible....i hope what im trying to say come across ok...

erm, not really

you're saying you'd rather your freind killed themselves. Which isn't good!

in an ideal situation, you want to find out what's wrong with your freind & help them.

not be happy that they commited suicide, as they were in great turmoil!

:no:
  • Options
    hmm ok that's not what im saying..... im just not good at getting it across. it's just i have this idea that if someone is suffering a great deal and theyve tried everything to make themselves feel better n get out of the hole and nothing's worked then to end it is better for them...why would it be better for them to go on living in turmoil? OK, maybe i am saying that....

i have a friend who is like that andhe is constantly on the edge n if i dont hear from him in a while i always worry...we talked it over once and he said he'd tell me what he was gonna do so long as i didn't try n stop him. i said i couldn't do that so i'd rather he didn't tell me. n he said ok. i was worried then n said id hate for that to happen, it acn't be the answer but if you've tried everything n are still really unhappy, there's nothing i could do....

i don't make sense :)

*edit* in my own experience, i am on the edge quite often too (i guess this is where my opinion comes from)...i dont personally believe it'd cause any great hurt amongst anyone i know (there;s another problem) but i'd rather be gone than go through the despair i feel at times and if other people are like that, i'd rather they made themselves happy than me...
  • Options
    I felt pretty crappy yesterday and... wrote an email to jo, jo@samaritans.org. Not becasue I wanted to kill myself but becasue I seriously needed a rant and it was rather cathartic. I do feel sorry for the jo that has to read it though. And, I'm here for hem if it made them fell depressed.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    And, I'm here for hem if it made them fell depressed.
    :lol:
    Having suffered with depression I seriously can't actually imagine having the motivation to act on my suicidal thoughts
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I pretty much daily think, "I wonder what would happen if I got hit by the next car". I don't actually want to, I just wonder what it would be like. I mean, if people would actually care about me and visit me in hospital or go to my funeral and stuff.

i think this is just normal to be honest. you will never know the answers, and its natural to be inquisitive...and to be desperate to know all about the unknown. also begs the question...am i loved??! which i know i am :lol: (still dreaming ha ha)
    xxx
  • Options
    I think almost everyone has those thoughts about suicide from time to time. Who'd come to their funeral, how many days of uncontrollable sobbing there'd be etc. I know I've thought about it more than once, but it doesn't mean I'd ever do anything about it.

It's a bit self-indulgent, but fairly normal I'd say.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi all,

Why not have a look at this article if you haven't already. Also If you're worried about a friend this answer about suicide was provided by one of our experts on askTheSite. It includes some interesting links including to The Samaritans which I've noticed has already been mentioned.

Take care of yourselves ;)
  • Options
    Originally Posted by Schnook

i was actually going to write that sometimes it can be the only way out but thought I'd see how many people slated me first. I've never been depressed so guess Im lucky, I think that trying to help them (your friend) is far more important and making your friend know that your there for them is aswell, but like I say I'm not qualified to say on the matter :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Yes it's very tempting.
  • Options
    How very odd.

I usually think how much fun I can have during the day.

I guess you get the answers to the questions you ask, don't you?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    How very odd.

I usually think how much fun I can have during the day.

I guess you get the answers to the questions you ask, don't you?

that's got to be nice :)

it's more of the wanderings of a mind that has work to do, than serious debate as to whether or not I will...

but I do agree, I think it's rather strange too!
  • Options
    I don't know if it's odd. I think about committing suicide every single day too. Sometimes, I feel serious. I have come close in the last week to trying again, there are moments that my problems simply get too much. Tonight, for instance, I'm in a pretty low mood. Christmas tends to make it even worse for me. All I say is I'm looking forward to the New Year, with some luck, I'll still be around to see it.
  • Options
    everyone goes through different termoil but i dont think its ever the right decision to go through with it ...in a years time you could be having the best time of ure life but you;d miss out on that, you cant know the future even if you think u know how its gonna be :yes:
  • Options
    Robot_Alan wrote:

Yeah, im like that too. Ill be at the platform at the underground and ill watch the train appraching and be like "I would jump....right about....now!" but I never would.
  • Options
    I think about it. Every day. In a "I want to die" way and a "I wonder what would happen if..." way.

It's been more often recently, which isn't so good.
  • Options
    Sometimes I think about it like, if I die it won't really matter cos life lives on so the individual life of a human doesn't matter as long as someone else is there to carry on. Weird shit, never think about it in a depressing "oh i wanna die" type of way
  • Options
    it's something i might think about every now and again but certainly not because i actually want to do it.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sometimes I think about "what would happen if", or even "Wow, it would be so easy to jump in front of that train right now", but wouldn't ever do it.