Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hectic daaay!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Total hectic day.

Had a huuge fight with me Mam this morning, resulting in puffy eyes at work. Yay. My Dad went for an operation to remove his hernia, and my sister found out she's 5 weeks pregnant, but bleeding. Dramarama.

Has your day been hectic?

Comments

• Options
    1983 wrote:
    Total hectic day.

Had a huuge fight with me Mam this morning, resulting in puffy eyes at work. Yay. My Dad went for an operation to remove his hernia, and my sister found out she's 5 weeks pregnant, but bleeding. Dramarama.

Has your day been hectic?

Which type of operation did he have the one where you can't work for 3 months or the one where you're up and about in a few hours?
  • Options
    Don't know my Mam's away up to the hospital tonight to find out. He's in recovery at the mo. :( I'm in work and don't finish 'til 8 which is well after visiting hours.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Don't know my Mam's away up to the hospital tonight to find out. He's in recovery at the mo. :( I'm in work and don't finish 'til 8 which is well after visiting hours.

My dad went in ages ago for something minor and then the doctors tell him "oh we discovered you have a Hernia shall we fix it whilst we're in there??"

He of course said yes - what the dumb doctors didn't bother to tell him is it would be months to recover - doctors can now do the same operation using a mesh and the patient recovers so soon they can be out the same day, but many places still do it the old fashioned way with months of discomfort for the patient
  • Options
    iv had a hectic day.

got up at 9, spent the day taking water samples from various canal marinas around west yorks for my dissertation and then have just got back from uni where i had to membrane filtrate the samples and then plate them (interesting i know!!)

yesterday was worse.

went into uni just to check that everything was ok for today and some total dick had left the walk in fridge door open so all my dissertation work over the last 4 months is ruined and i have to start it all again.

that was stressful
  • Options
    I don't think any of my stressful days will ever beat that!

Hope you're OK Becky - and your Dad and sister too! <3
  • Options
    I have played volleyball today and performed for an audience consisting of 100 people (not so much I know).

EDIT: The performance was Lucia, and I was one of the small Santas (elves?).
  • Options
    Got loads of work done, and then managed to delete the folder containing all my sage information, so now my program now dosent work, at all. Leading to phone call to on-off fella (he used to work with me), who is coming in tomorrow to fix it for me!
  • Options
    Yes.
    But swooshy.
  • Options
    Everyday is a hectic day for me now, I have no idea what I used to do with my time before a certain little lady came along :grump:
  • Options
    Everyday is a hectic day for me now, I have no idea what I used to do with my time before a certain little lady came along :grump:

Bit of a shock to the system isn't it?!