Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

dogs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my dog kind of creeps me out sometimes, she's laid on the floor next to me and seems to keep staring and following things that aren't there
she was also going mental earlier and went running down the stairs barking like a mad thing then ran back up to me
can dogs like....see or sense things we don't?

Comments

• Options
    Yup
  • Options
    am i sharing the aparrantly empty house with ghosty friends then?
    i do actually think theres something weird about my house, i could smell cigarettes last night when i was sat here and my windows were shut and no one in our house smokes
    when i was in the bathroom brushing my teeth a few years back i felt someone walk past behind me and smelt cigarettes (you know when someone who smokes walks past and you can smell it?) then i found out the people that lived here before us and they all smoked, two of them moved out when the other one died :nervous:
  • Options
    yes they can, both dogs and cats (few other animals too) are meant to be more tuned into things like this. Some people believe it some dont. personally i do, as when i was younger and lived in plymouth, i had a ghost of an old man in a rocking chair next to my bed. wasn't till years later when visiting our old neigbours that they said the people who moved in after said their little girl kept telling them she saw the same thing
  • Options
    When I was pregnant, my dog Archie would randomly come over to me if I was laying on the couch and he'd put his head on my tummy. Other times when he was asleep on the floor and I would feel the baby kicking me, Archie would sit bolt upright and stare at me until the baby settled down again. Was rather freaky.
  • Options
    Dogs scare me fullstop.

Some of the stuff that has been described here is far too freaky for my liking, although kind of cool in a supernaturalesque (made up word :/) way.
  • Options
    My dog can be very mysterious. She once looked at me whilst I was lying in my bed. It seriously creeped me out that night. :(
  • Options
    well i remember seeing something on tv about a woman who has like blackouts or attacks of somekind that are dangerous, and she had this dog that was trained to warn her before she had an attack
  • Options
    Hmm... my dog doesn't do anything like this. She just barks at the postman and launches herself at the letterbox. And... not much else!
  • Options
    Maybe they can sense other things, but my guess is that most the time they are just simply retarded. Retarded dogs are the best :heart:
  • Options
    there are dogs that are probably more intelligent than humans :p
  • Options
    Let me revise, I like dogs that act retarded ;)
  • Options
    Some European army dosent have dogs because their IQ is to low!!
  • Options
    this has something that i've always wondered about dogs.. and animals in general. do they think? like humans do? or is it all like, instinct? do they think to themselves, im hungry, im bored or whatever? and when they bark are they trying to say something or is it all just reactions? i don't know how to explain it so i'm probably not making sense...
  • Options
    My boyfriend's dog can always sense when you are not feeling well and will come over and sit by you quietly. I was out with my boyfriend when I came over all faint so he rushed me back home (well his home) and made me lay down and he went to get my a drink of water and some toast to eat and everytime my eyes started to close his dog would start licking my fingers, as the when hanging down by him. He was keeping my from drifting off.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I was at my dad's in the summer, and one night when my dad and his wife were asleep and I wasn't, I saw his dog run from one end of the house to the other, stare out of the window for a few seconds, then run back to the other end, stand there, then run back to the window and so on. My dad said she does that often.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    fringe wrote:
    yes they can, both dogs and cats (few other animals too) are meant to be more tuned into things like this. Some people believe it some dont. personally i do, as when i was younger and lived in plymouth, i had a ghost of an old man in a rocking chair next to my bed. wasn't till years later when visiting our old neigbours that they said the people who moved in after said their little girl kept telling them she saw the same thing

Heheh, my house is haunted. I miss my cat being odd... poor cat. :(

Dogs used to NEVER go into our hall. They'd hate it. Cats would act in the hall like people were there. Heh...