Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

no reply

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
isnt it upsetting when people dont reply to your messages. even if you know yourself its boring and of no importance other people shouldnt think it to! :crying:

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Haha. Welcome to the Internet, its a cruel place at times.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    If someone sends me a pointless text or one that doesn't require a reply straightaway then I do quite often ignore it for a while. There is no rush to respond. That's the wonderful thing about texting - you can reply when you have a chance and leave things for a while until responding. It's no biggie IMO.
  • Options
    It's no biggie IMO.

Apparently it is for some.
  • Options
    So thats why just take days to respond :crying: :lol:
  • Options
    I tend to reply straight away, but sometimes I can't be bothered. It depends really. Though I feel it's a bit rude if don't reply, when I read it.
  • Options
    i always reply straight away to messages, unles im busy
  • Options
    No, not really.
  • Options
    isnt it upsetting when people dont reply to your messages. even if you know yourself its boring and of no importance other people shouldnt think it to! :crying:
    What's that you say? You've got emotions? then how bout you take em into the kitchen and bake em into a Bunt Cake! emo kid. :lol:
  • Options
    I always tb :hyper:.
  • Options
    it depends what im doing whether i text back to someone straight away or not!! but yes, i know how you feel when you dont get a reply when you reeeally want one!!!

like i just texted some guy i like and im waiting for him to text back. right now it seems like its not going to happen.. but im going to keep a sharp eye on my phone for the rest of the night just in case :) i reeeeally reeally wish he would though because right now im getting frustrated
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    So thats why just take days to respond :crying: :lol:

No actually :p

I misplace my phone. There are about 4 people I will text back when I get their message (and if I have credit!) and you are one of them :p

But some other people, unless it is urgent, I forget, or put off or similar. My bad :(
  • Options
    No actually :p

I misplace my phone. There are about 4 people I will text back when I get their message (and if I have credit!) and you are one of them :p

But some other people, unless it is urgent, I forget, or put off or similar. My bad :(

lol :heart:
  • Options
    What infuriates me is when people put 'tb' at the end of messages. I'm like i was going to bloody text back anyway but now you've put that i won't! ha :mad:
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    What infuriates me is when people put 'tb' at the end of messages. I'm like i was going to bloody text back anyway but know you've put that i won't! ha :mad:

God yes. Particularly if they want a reply to something that is fairly trivial or doesn't need a reply.
  • Options
    It does annoy me when I send text messages and get no reply for several days. I understand a delay of a few hours - maybe they're at work, or they're just busy - but not replying to text messages does annoy me.
  • Options
    God yes. Particularly if they want a reply to something that is fairly trivial or doesn't need a reply.

Exactley!

I have one friend who when she doesn't always get a reply straight away will ring your phone untill you text back. But surely if it was that imporant and your going to ring anyway, then just ring in the first place, araarrrgh :p
  • Options
    I usually put tb if I specifically don't want someone to 'phone, if I'm in a lecture for instance.
  • Options
    i used to put tb when i was like 12. now i dont. and i usually do reply straight away-ish.. within a couple of hours if i can.
  • Options
    I have a friend who used to always send every gay, if your a friend reply to this' emails. Now she sends the same crap via text. And then I get the same text from all the people from back where I used to live who only ever write with that crap.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Hours is ok. Days isn't, unless you have an excuse of course, like "no credit", "my phone got stolen", "I was abducted by aliens" or something like that.

What does "tb" stand for?
  • Options
    tb=text back
    Nowadays I have no credit, so if you text me, expect an email back within an hour!
  • Options
    My phone has such shit signal I can rarely text back within the same half of the day