Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Experiece days - need some help!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need some serious help!!

I am buyin my boyf an experience day either rally or flying for Christmas. I know he will love both, I'm just worried about the actual company I go with, dont want them to be rip off merciants if you get me or go bust and loose all my money?!

This is my short list....

This is the one I like the look of best, but its just the company Im worried about! :banghead:
http://www.driveme.net/experiences.php?experienceID=143

The £95 Im thinking of going for
http://www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk/experiences/flying-lesson.html

Then theres these, I'd rather pay for the 1st one I suggested tho!!
http://www.buyagift.co.uk/cgi-bin/buyagift.storefront/EN/Catalog/2000?engine=homepage+static&keyword=driving+imag

So if any of you could help me, I'd be so happy!!

Any of you used thses companys?? Virgin is the only one I know, but I think I've got my heart set on a rally experience!!!

Have any of you used companys like these?? If so, are they any good? If so, give me their web addy!!

Thanks sooooooo much!!! :):)

Comments

• Options
    Anyone?!
  • Options
    Yeah I no wrote:
    Anyone?!

Its not a direct conversation. Give people more than a few minutes. And I can't help you, sorry.
  • Options
    Sorry, Im just so stressted as to which comany to go for!!!
  • Options
    I'd say go for the company you feel comfortable using.
  • Options
    Well virgin are the only one I have heard of, and I'd feel better going with them as they are reputable..

but pick the one which you think that your bf will enjoy the most.
  • Options
    Try talking to spokespeople for the companies. see if any mates went on the same thing. And I'm sure you're boyfriend isn't going to mind, it's the thought that counts remember.
  • Options
    Cheers peeps.

I thinks its either virgin flying or driveme.net for rallying...... I dont really no tho!!!
  • Options
    well you must know which he would prefer..?

If not just randomly choose one, I'm sure he will love it all the same. Who wouldn't?!?
  • Options
    He has mantioned both rally and flying lessons! I think the rally experience looks good but its just the company, dont wanna buy it and them go bust or something!!!
  • Options
    Are they a new company? Try and find out when they were set up or some people who have used them. Although, as you're obviously not comfortable using them, I'd go for the other one to be on the safe side.
  • Options
    The second two I have heard of and are fine. You can also try LastMinute dot com and Red Letter Days.

The usual advice for buying online applies - make sure there is a contact address (not a PO Box) and contact phone number on the website. Make sure you only give your credit card details through a secure webpage and make sure the webite is British-based for the local laws to apply.
  • Options
    ps That's quite a lot of money to be spending for Christmas for a boyfriend. I hope he's worth it.
  • Options
    Yeah I no wrote:
    I need some serious help!!

PMSL When I read this, Baby and Daddy scene from dirty dancing immediately came to mind:

This is not a tragedy.

A tragedy is three men trapped in a mine

or police dogs used in Birmingham.

Monks burning themselves

in protest.

Butt out, Baby.
  • Options
    Debenhams do a wide range of such activities - if you're still worried look into that as they've obviously rigourous when selecting their partners.
  • Options
    Yeah I no wrote:
    Cheers peeps.

I thinks its either virgin flying or driveme.net for rallying...... I dont really no tho!!!

fly is waaaay dependant on the weather on the actual day
  • Options
    Debenhams do a wide range of such activities - if you're still worried look into that as they've obviously rigourous when selecting their partners.
    So do WH Smith. having said that, i bought a spa gift experience package thingy for my mum from WH Smith and it turned into a bit of a farce because when she turned up, they couldn't find her booking. it turned out alright in the end, though.