Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Unistalling itunes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I downloading this ages ago, but have never used it. Seeing as I'am getting a Zen for Xmas, I want to uninstall itunes, but I cant find anyway of doing it. Theres no icon in any of the itunes files and nothing on the control panel add/remove hardware section. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Theres no icon in any of the itunes files and nothing on the control panel add/remove hardware section.

probably be under add/remove software.
  • Options
    This will probably remove quicktime too!
  • Options
    nah, its ok- i had to get itunes aswell as quicktime and if you find add/remove programmes on your control panel, you should be able to remove itunes and leave quicktime where it is.
  • Options
    noog wrote:
    If it does you can download the standalone version of quicktime from here:
    http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone.html
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    noog wrote:

Thank fuck for that.
  • Options
    I had itunes on my computer last year but I removed it over the summer, I can't remember how, but I'm sure it did not remove quicktime as well, it it does just use the link Rich-E has posted. I'm still geting emails from apple now about the lastest ipod/itune stuff, eventhough I swear I clicked on a link to stop them on the bottom of one email I recieved. Oh well it could be worse.