Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Trouser Suits - size six

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know we've had this discussion time and time again, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any new ideas..

I need a new (preferably black) trouser suit. I have a funeral to go to on Friday and a job interview next Wednesday, so I need to find one asap.

Problem is, I'm a size six, length 34", for trousers! Can anyone think of anywhere on the high street or mail order that might do a suit with size six trousers? The jacket shouldn't be too much of a problem, I'm a size 8/10 on top. But obviously I need to get the two from the same place to make sure they match.

I know this'll probably cut my options right down, but last time I tried, size six trousers in Next fell right off me when done up. :banghead: Any other suggestions anyone? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    i might be lying, but i'm sure i saw trouser suits the last time i was in H&M, and their size 6s are teensy.
  • Options
    miss selfidge do suits and work clothes (or i think they do anyway) and they have quite small sizes
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    i might be lying, but i'm sure i saw trouser suits the last time i was in H&M, and their size 6s are teensy.
    :yes: they do cut them small in there. I have to buy a size bigger from H&M.
  • Options
    Good luck! Let meknoif you find anythingthough as I'd be straight in that shop after you. I tried Miss selfridges- too big. Order size six from la redoute- trousers too big. Try size 0 in Gap, if you get the wool ones you can shrink 'em in the wash- not much use if you have long legs though...
  • Options
    topshop.

as for miss selfridge i find their sizings really awkward!
  • Options
    Thanks for all your replies. I've currently only got two pairs of black trousers that fit - one from Miss Selfridge (which are on the big side) and one from Topshop. I'll take myself into town tomorrow and see what I can find.

Might have to be a last minute dash to the nearest H&M branch (20 miles away) on Thursday afternoon!
  • Options
    maybe try zara too, if you have one near you, although their sizes are a bit all over the place. i have size 6 jeans from there which were on the big side when i was more of a size 10, and some size 10s that fit more like a small size 6.