Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm such a bitch

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm having the most minor of all surgeries done next week. I get a call from my mother yesterday saying that she would like to come down. Tuesday till Friday. And stay with us, as we have some spare rooms. She asked of course, she didn't just invite herself down, and of course I said it would be fine. I know she means no harm, she just wants to come down and make sure I'm taken care of. Just make sure everything is all right and be nice and kind.

But the fact of the matter is, I didn't want anybody around. I wanted to take this time as a little my_name vacation. I'd have all day to myself, no boyfriend around, just me and myself. I wanted to wake up when I felt like it, drink from dawn till he comes home, sit around and play sims all day. I just wanted to be alone. I never get to and I really enjoy it.

I know I'm not going to tell my mother no, she can't come down. I know its not going to be horrible when she does. I just feel so bad for thinking the way I do. And even when I know its not going to be bad and she is just being nice, I still, even now, wish that she wouldn't visit.

Comments

• Options
    I always invite people [my Mam] to visit me at Uni and then regret it.

Won't you get another opportunity for "me time" soon enough? If not, then it might be worth explaining to her how you feel. She's just being a mother though, bless her, and it might make you feel better having her there, I suppose.

Otherwise, maybe she could join you in your all day drinking ;)
  • Options
    I never get me time. When I'm not at work, I'm at home with my boyfriend. Even if I go to the grocery store hes there. I don't have anywhere to go to just be by myself. When I go to another room by myself he thinks its a dig on him. Is it so wrong of me to just want to get smashed by myself (because nobody I know drinks) and watch price is right, watch horrible day time tv, listen to crappy music loud and play the sims till my eyes hurt? Just have a little lame fun? I thought I was having me time because he was going on a business trip next weekend, but one of the guys going on it, his wife is starting to dialate so it will probably be canceld.

She was just so excited. She even called me at work to tell me that she was thinking about this becasue she would have been gone the rest of the night. I guess I should enjoy it, be thankful that she cares.
  • Options
    Perhaps you can compromise and ask her to stay just one or two nights instead of three? I'm sure you could make up something or other if you don't want to hurt her feelings, or just be honest and say you'd like a bit of 'me' time.

Don't feel like a bitch! I once cried when my parents cancelled their holiday because I'd been so looking forward to being left in the house on my own. OK so I was about 15 at the time but still, those kinds of feelings never change.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    if u just tell a lil white lie, that u have been invited to someones for a party or summat on the final nite of ur mum staying, then when she gets there, u can decide if it really is as bad as u think. if not u can just say the party was cancelled, or if u still feel that u need ur me time, then u can use the party excuse and enjoy sims till ur heart is content! but i kno exactly how u feel! everyine needs a bit of time to themselves, and maybe in the future u shud try to explain this to ur bf.
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    if u just tell a lil white lie, that u have been invited to someones for a party or summat on the final nite of ur mum staying,
    Her mum might ask why she's going out if she's just had surgery(albeit minor) done on her foot. And please, sort out the text speak.
  • Options
    Just say you'll want a day for yourself to recover. Or maybe just don't say anything for now, as you may change your mind once she's down there helping you out and cooking you bacon sandwiches. See how it goes :) Either way, you're not a bitch for wanting some time for yourself.
  • Options
    why dont you just have some me time away from your boyfriend!! sounds pretty intense being together constantly!!