Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Deja Vu

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am sure that everyone here has experienced Deja Vu at least once. How often do you experience Deja vu? I often wonder if when this happens we are recalling a similar experience from another lifetime. It certainly feels weird when it happens.

Comments

• Options
    I experience it very rarely, I can't even remember the last time.
  • Options
    :chin: Funny... I seem to remember a similar thread to this not long ago.
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote:
    :chin: Funny... I seem to remember a similar thread to this not long ago.

How ironic :p
  • Options
    I used to get deja vu all the time seriously it was freaky, but I really can't remember the last time I experienced it! I used to really enjoy getting it because it felt so weird!
  • Options
    I get it all the time.
  • Options
    i get it quite a lot. about once every other week or so.
  • Options
    Deja Vu and the another life time thing doesn't wash with me. If you go walking along the highstreet and think "ohh Deja Vu, must of been me doing the same thing in another lifetime" Sounds interesting but, you walking down the same bit of road with the same shops in another lifetime? I bet the shops, cars, street you passed at the time wasn't there in another of your lifetime.

There's nothing spiritual about, just a split second time lapse in your brain.
  • Options
    I get that so much, and its really weird. It sometimes does freak me out.
  • Options
    I get it loads - scares me. Also I see the glitches in the Matrix, you know, where you see the same thing twice, like (was it a dog or a cat?) in the film where Neo sees a small black four legged mammal twice in a row doing exactly the same thing? Yeah I get that with loads of stuff!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Yes, there was a thread like this recently.

I agree with Felix for the past life thing.

As for how often I get it, only once in a while.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Deja Vu - had it a fair bit, but once that really fucked me out in Verona. Scary as shit I tell you, I hope it isn't a past life... or I am a murder.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Deja Vu - had it a fair bit, but once that really fucked me out in Verona. Scary as shit I tell you, I hope it isn't a past life... or I am a murder.

I don't understand. What do you mean? What about a murder?
  • Options
    Sonian wrote:
    I don't understand. What do you mean? What about a murder?

When I was in Verona, I had a deja vu type thing, flashbacks. Of killing. Not nice really, but hey, whats to say it's even real?
  • Options
    deja vu? means theres a glitch in the matrix :p
  • Options
    sprocket wrote:

Yes, watch it... agents all aroun dus..
  • Options
    I'll take the blue pill.

Deja Vu has happened occasionally. It is scary - very scary. :nervous:
  • Options
    I've had dreams, then been out somewhere and seen exactly the same thing later that day. It scares me when that happens, its the EXACTLY the same, down to the tinest detail.
  • Options
    yeah, i've had the same thing as MoonArcanum

i het it every month or so, and it'll be the stupidest thing like an exact conversation i'll be having with someone, or what i'll be doing at a certain time and who with
  • Options
    It is always something stupid for me too, like being in the town centre and seeing certain things.
  • Options
    It is always something stupid for me too, like being in the town centre and seeing certain things.
    From memory, and I can't be arsed to look it up, Deja vu is usually a left brain/right brain thing (or it could be fore/hind) and basically something gets a it out of sync, and you "remember" the incident as it happens. It usually only happens on the stupid things, because if you are concentrating on something it doesn't happen. Or something.

Of course, "knowing" what is happening doesn't stop it happening - and being convincing.

The weirdest one I had was one where I remembered getting this weird sense of deja vu.
  • Options
    From memory, and I can't be arsed to look it up, Deja vu is usually a left brain/right brain thing (or it could be fore/hind) and basically something gets a it out of sync, and you "remember" the incident as it happens. It usually only happens on the stupid things, because if you are concentrating on something it doesn't happen. Or something.

Of course, "knowing" what is happening doesn't stop it happening - and being convincing.

The weirdest one I had was one where I remembered getting this weird sense of deja vu.

Yeah, it happens because everyday things are only supposed to go through the short term memory, only significant things stay in the long term memory, but deja vu happens when the brain sends what your experiencing through the longterm memory by mistake, so therefore you process it as being something you've done or experienced before! :yes:
  • Options
    sprocket wrote:
    Man I was gonna say that :rolleyes: