Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Personal possession limits from the government

The government has released guidelines by which they can tell if someone is a dealer, the amounts are going to be;

"Home Office officials said last night that the government was "minded to set" the limits at 4ozs of cannabis resin, half a kilo of cannabis leaf, 10 ecstasy tablets, or 7g of heroin or crack cocaine."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/drugs/Story/0,,1654680,00.html

Interesting stuff, and higher limits than I expected.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    rofl fuckin right
  • Options
    the white flag is slowly being risen.
    these guide lines mean most coppers will get on with catching real criminals now ...those doing 62 in a 60 zone.
  • Options
    the white flag is slowly being risen.

Maybe, the limit for cannabis is very high, I guess they dont want to bother with small dealers either.

The whole thing is stupid though, they have basically decriminalised personal use of cannabis yet all the criminal rubbish is still there.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    The limit for pills is still quite low. :(
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    The whole thing is stupid though, .
    totaly.
    today i heard that coke offences are up 16% all other drugs down 23% ...do these figures actualy mean ANYTHING at all?
    i think not. totaly meaningless seeing as they are targeting coke and not bothering with dope.
  • Options
    totaly.
    today i heard that coke offences are up 16% all other drugs down 23% ...do these figures actualy mean ANYTHING at all?
    i think not. totaly meaningless seeing as they are targeting coke and not bothering with dope.

Seems a better idea to me, cannabis users shouldnt get attention but the cocaine traffic should.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    The government has released guidelines by which they can tell if someone is a dealer, the amounts are going to be;

"Home Office officials said last night that the government was "minded to set" the limits at 4ozs of cannabis resin, half a kilo of cannabis leaf, 10 ecstasy tablets, or 7g of heroin or crack cocaine."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/drugs/Story/0,,1654680,00.html

Interesting stuff, and higher limits than I expected.

A very sensible move, surprisingly.

With David Cameron having made some noise about re-classifying E and all the stuff about him supposedly doing coke as a student, i reckon this could be a promising period...i'm quite sure he knows that legalisation is the answer, probably as does Blair...and without getting attacked from the tories, he might just feel he can make some progress.
  • Options
    He was part of a Select Committee a while ago and he signed a motion saying that we should look at other ways of controling drug use, other than just the law.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    He was part of a Select Committee a while ago and he signed a motion saying that we should look at other ways of controling drug use, other than just the law.

actually then he did seem rather up to considering a gradual decriminilsation

most people never hear or watch these comittees, they're mighty dull with loads of facts and figures, however they concluded the war on drugs isnt the way to approach it, obviously they never said that flat out, they recomended 'alternatives' be found to using legal powers
  • Options
    This explains it well, he did suggest that deregulation or legalisation should be looked into by the UN.

http://www.tdpf.org.uk/MediaNews_LatestNews_07_09_05.htm
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    The limit for pills is still quite low. :(

That's what I thought. Though a lot of people I know get them for their friends if they need them, so I guess technically it's small time dealing, even if there is no profit.