Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

diet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey guys, anyone know any good diets, or are currently trying any new diets, i wish i could afford that diet in hollywood, i forget the name, but britney spears is currently using it.

any suggestions?????

thanks

Comments

• Options
    eat an apple 20 mins before meal times.
  • Options
    The best diet: Eat healthily, plenty of water, fruit and vegetables and exercise.
  • Options
    The best diet: Eat healthily, plenty of water, fruit and vegetables and exercise.

Damn straight. Don't deprive yourself of any major food groups ie. meat/carbs/cholesterol (yes, your body does need it)/sugars (ditto)/fibre/fatty acids and just exercise.

Remember, weight loss is just burning more calories than you consume. There's no quick solution unless you want to starve yourself and feel dump.
  • Options

Its always worked for me, a little of everything to create a balanced diet, plenty of water and regular exericse. I nomally walk as much as I can, if where I'm going is about 30 minutes walk away then I walk. I don't see the point in getting a bus as in Lonodon you seem to stop every few yards anyway.
  • Options
    the only true, reliable way of loosing weight is to eat less. :p
    but other than that... drink a big bottle of water before you eat a meal - it fills you up so you want to eat a lot less. ;)
    considering they are in season now as well you could always eat shit loads of brussel sprouts - they contain negative calories, because it takes more calories to digest them than the calories they actually contain... so you burn calories just eating them. :yes:

ermmmm... so i guess my advice comes down to deinking lots of water and eating lots of brussel sprouts..... :yeees:
  • Options
    Can't fault that advice. Nothing else to add.
  • Options
    I cleaned my ass the other day. Very very refreshing feeling and let me say the giant thanksgiving dinner didn't stick with me ;) And I lost 5 lbs in the process. I still feel clean even
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I cleaned my ass the other day
    Thanks for sharing
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Thanks for sharing

I know its sexy. I could make a continuation of my wondering thread into a my final experience thread, dedicated to you kentish ;)
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    but other than that... drink a big bottle of water before you eat a meal - it fills you up so you want to eat a lot less. ;)
    considering they are in season now as well you could always eat shit loads of brussel sprouts - they contain negative calories, because it takes more calories to digest them than the calories they actually contain... so you burn calories just eating them. :yes:

ermmmm... so i guess my advice comes down to deinking lots of water and eating lots of brussel sprouts..... :yeees:

Really! I never knew that! i'll have to get some next time im at the grocery market:)

Anyone try the gazelle exercise machine (the one making u feel like ur sking?)with that tony guy lol, i got it, i really like it, i dont use it as often as id like though. Its suppose to be better than walking, and u burn a whole lot more on it too..
  • Options
    hey guys, anyone know any good diets, or are currently trying any new diets, i wish i could afford that diet in hollywood, i forget the name, but britney spears is currently using it.

any suggestions?????

thanks

I think the diet you're referring to is the $1000 an hour fitness instructor and nutritionalist diet.

I prefer the Billy Connolly diet: eat less and move more.

Just out of interest, what are you're goals? Lose weight? Lose fat? Gain weight? Increase fitness levels? Kind of annoys me that whenever anyone mentions a diet, everyone automatically assumes that your aim is to lose weight.
  • Options
    otter wrote:

Some stuff I've read says if you suddenly start eating less your body thinks you're in a situation where you've got no food and then goes into survival mode and you actually lose weight more slowly.
  • Options
    Neg cals are silly

here is a list and explanation http://ezinearticles.com/?A-Negative-Calorie-Food-List&id=71441

but as you'll see there are things like aubergine on there, which I for example always cook in BUTTER!!!-certainly ain't no neg cal meal! Also grapefruit, which can't be eaten without either icing sugar or yogurt surely? You see my point?
  • Options
    I think the diet you're referring to is the $1000 an hour fitness instructor and nutritionalist diet.

I prefer the Billy Connolly diet: eat less and move more.

Just out of interest, what are you're goals? Lose weight? Lose fat? Gain weight? Increase fitness levels? Kind of annoys me that whenever anyone mentions a diet, everyone automatically assumes that your aim is to lose weight.

haha, good point! no my goal is to lose!
  • Options
    MrStickSez
    i find the best diets to be ones where the dietee tends to drink a nice warm cup of shut the fuck up before meals. This ensues a quiet meal time for all while said person reflects quietly about the day that has been and how you can improve on this. Failing that prunes make you regular and as Brainiac showed you can lose anything upto 3 pounds while dropping the kids off at the pool. And boy theres nowt like a good Eartha.
  • Options
    Yeah good advice....not!!
  • Options
    I have given up as much convenience food as I can, cut out sweets and crisps and the like, although i do allow myself one treat a week. Im drinking at least 2 litres of water a day and plenty of fresh fruit and veg and in 6 weeks I have lost over 1 stone.

Don't cut down the amount of food you eat too much, just choose what to eat wisely. For example have an apple instead of a sugary snack, water instead of fizzy pop, a healthy dinner including fresh veg instead of fish and chips. Oh and heres the killer I also stopped drinking as well, but vodka and orange is better for you than alcopops so I guess you could still drink.
  • Options
    haha, good point! no my goal is to lose!

I hear that atkins is a very good diet if you're after a quick loss, but not for any longer than about 6 weeks or it starts to become unhealthy. So it would probably be better (more healthy) to go for a more conventional eating plan. Either way, you'll still have to change to a healthy eating plan eventually, so it may be just as well starting like that, otherwise you may do the atkins diet then go back to your old habits once you've lost weight. Like someone else said, eating less than you do can actually cause you to gain weight because it will cause your metabolism to slow down and store the food you do put in. The best thing you can do is educate yourself, though, so that you know what to look for in the supermarket. The BBC website is a good introduction, but if you want something more advanced, bodybuilding websites (really!) have great nutritional information on them.

As for exercise, jogging takes off the most calories by quite a way, but cycling and swimming are also good cardio exercises. Although something like badminton or basketball is a lot more fun. Also don't be afraid to try weight training. Don't worry about putting on freakishly huge muscles, that only works if you're also eating like a horse at the time. But the stronger your muscles are, the more calories you burn off when you're doing other exercises so it can help you lose weight.
  • Options
    diet

:yippe:
  • Options
    sorry
    my experience is to keep the balance of food(meat and vegetables) every day,more sleeping(less food absorbed during sleeping time) and the most important of all, keep it on when you find the suitable diet way one day! :yippe:
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    Neg cals are silly

here is a list and explanation http://ezinearticles.com/?A-Negative-Calorie-Food-List&id=71441

but as you'll see there are things like aubergine on there, which I for example always cook in BUTTER!!!-certainly ain't no neg cal meal! Also grapefruit, which can't be eaten without either icing sugar or yogurt surely? You see my point?
    i eat grapefruit all the time with nothing on it,

also i cook a lot of aubergine and boil it for a couple of min and then roast it or if i have hours just roast it.

i agree with drinking a glass of water about 20 min before you are goin to eat. another just as you are abput to eat, it fills you up and stops you thinking that thirst you are experiancing is actually hunger