Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

feeling under the weather

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello - I've not been on here in ages, but you always dish out good advice. :)

I guess this is pretty trivial but I just feel rubbish. I've had a bad cold for 3 weeks now (which peaked last week causing me to miss work and university) and I just cant shake it. I was sent home from work on Monday after 1 hour.

I just feel totally burnt out. I'm working 2 jobs, I go to uni and am trying to learn a new language, I do charity work and an evening class and Christmas is coming up and im stressing about having no time to buy gifts for people. Job #1 has put me down to work all weekend, which means I dont actually get a day off until, erm...December 22nd. I never get time to see my boyfriend and when I do im either stressed, pissed off or tired which doesnt exactly do wonders for our relationship.

Ive just had a great big crying session spurred on by the fact that I found blood in my urine. My period ended on Saturday, and it was a normal one, so I dont know why there is blood now.

I know this is a trivial problem and I'm probably okay really - I just wanted to tell someone. I guess I'm just a worrier.

Comments

• Options
    Go get yourself checked at the docs, blood in urine should be checked, it could just be a water infection but you shouldn't ignore it. Is there any way of not doing so much?
    Having no day off can't be good for you, sounds like you are doing far too much to me. hugs
  • Options
    it could be stress?
    once i went down for 3 weeks and more or less couldnt get out of bed, i had all sorts of tests at the docs but they couldn't find anything wrong (my mum thought it might be anemia) but it turned out to be stress and i didnt even realise i was getting stressed till it came to going back to school and i literally couldn't walk through the gates
    was kind of strange that i was stressed without knowing it....or my body was probably stressed and i didn't realise?
  • Options
    draven wrote:
    I've had a bad cold for 3 weeks..I'm working 2 jobs, I go to uni and am trying to learn a new language, I do charity work and an evening class and Christmas is coming up ...

not surprised you feel a bit run down, tbh!

go for a quick chat about the blood situation with your GP, and try to chill out and rest as much as you can. it sounds a bit like your body is running on empty, but yet is being forced onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    Hey! Thanks guys for your input!

No more blood today but my tummy is so sore. I just feel like throwing up. I dunno what's going on. Kaffrin - I do feel like I'm running on empty, you're right. I just have no energy. My last piece of uni work is due tomorrow (a presentation) so hopefully once that's done I'll feel a bitty better... :)
  • Options
    It does sound like you're doing way too much - and maybe like you're trying to please everyone before yourself? Is there any way you could cut down on all your activities? Perhaps you could do the charity work less often for example?
    It's definitely worth getting checked out if the blood comes back. This link might give you some more info
    Take care ;)