Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ladies...another question! (but not anal!)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How importantant would you say a guy's looks are when it comes to having a relationship?

Comments

• Options
    Not at all really, but there is normally some physical attraction for me at the beginning.
  • Options
    to me, very important. they have to have the whole package! thing is different people have different views of what and what isn't attractive. i think there has to be a good level of attraction between a couple personally and i wouldn't want to go out with someone that i didn't think 'phwoar' to every time i looked at them.
  • Options
    Important, but not the be-all and end-all of a relationship.

It's nice to have someone attractive looking at your across the breakfast table, but if they've got no conversational skills then you'd get bored of talking to your toast after a while ;)
  • Options
    The reason I'm asking is because as a fully qualified ugly bloke, I need to know to approach women :chin: :D
  • Options
    At first there has got to be some sort of physical attraction to each other but as the relationship progresses i think it become less important and other things become more important!
  • Options
    Not at all really, but there is normally some physical attraction for me at the beginning.

Personality is more inportant in the long term, but there is noramally some kind of physical atrraction to begin with, but this could be something small like a nice smile or nice eyes.
    briggi wrote:
    Important, but not the be-all and end-all of a relationship.

It's nice to have someone attractive looking at your across the breakfast table, but if they've got no conversational skills then you'd get bored of talking to your toast after a while ;)

It sure does, a relationship without conversation is like stale bread...its hard and not very pleasent.
  • Options
    I like your last comment little one.......how true?? :thumb:
  • Options
    It is important, but not as important as their mind.
  • Options
    i can understand where your coming from mate. i wouldn't say i'm ugly but i'm not stunning either. I know people say personality is a big thing, but would talk to a guy in a pub, club etc... if you thought him not the best looking guy in teh world. The guy could be the best thing in the world but due to looks not given a chance.

But saying all that same is true for guys being chatted up by girls i guess.
  • Options
    the guy im "wanting" to get with at the moment isnt exactly what youd call attractive. i dont know what it is about him though.. i cant say specifically what it is that id say was attractive about him, but im always thinking about him aaall the time :p
    i havent even talked to him all that much either so i cant say that its his personality i like!! its strange
  • Options
    but looks are so subjective. I might think someone is an absolute stunner but my friend wouldnt touch him with a bargepole.
    There is such a thing as just having chemistry with someone too, even if theyre not what youd call classically beautiful and someone can be very attractive without having to look like a model.
    I do think its true that people that arent blessed with good looks do have to often try harder, but I think thats a good thing.
  • Options
    You've got to fancy someone to be with them, but even the most plain of people can be fit as fuck if they have a great personality.
  • Options
    I'm not going to be inclined to date somebody if they need a paper bag during sex and we can only go out at night, even if they have a wonderful personality. so yes, its quite important.
    Luckily everybody has different tastes in whats physically attractive.
  • Options
    to me, very important. they have to have the whole package! thing is different people have different views of what and what isn't attractive. i think there has to be a good level of attraction between a couple personally and i wouldn't want to go out with someone that i didn't think 'phwoar' to every time i looked at them.
    Yep :yes: I couldn't go out with someone who wasn't good looking.
    I love extraordinarily-gorgeous-baby-faced-men like Leonardo Dicaprio... :chin:

Ilora x
  • Options
    Oh yeah, wakin up nx 2my boyfriend every mornin thinkin 'u sexy bastard' is awesome! :love:
  • Options
    well you have to be attracted to them
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    well you have to be attracted to them

but it does not mean your friend have to be too. Just you will do.
  • Options

Ilora x
    \my point exactly.
    I think Leonardo decaprio is a munter, but you think hes a stunner, so therefore
    there isnt one definition of what is a handsome man.

All my boyfriends have been very very attractive but theyve all looked very different from each other.
  • Options

Ilora x

I'm sorry I'm with rainbow brite, I've never like Leonardo Dicaprio.

Sad but true fact and completely pointless but I use to have a set of Rainbow Brite curtins when I was little.
  • Options
    they don't have to be objectively good looking, but if i don't think they're attractive then there's no point.
  • Options
    It's all relative!!

(And a lot of people think Leo is gorgeous :hyper: ) So it's not just me :naughty:

Ilora x
  • Options
    Cheers all, you've given some good points of view. I know attractiveness is subjective but it seems like I was born in the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down - ok I don't scare little kids or anything but I've never been told I'm anything special looks-wise.
  • Options
    I think Girls care for looks more than they'll let on.
    Women don't want to be seen as horrible, shallow, souless creatures, so they'll fib a little to edge closer to their goal.
    Looks matter a GREAT deal when dealing with Women, but so does your height and build.
    I have a great personality but i'm not good looking, and i'm short.
    I make 'em laugh as well as interesting them, but i've so never much been kissed and i'm in my mid 20s.
    Looks do matter a great deal, and what Woman usually mean by "yes, their has to be some sort of attraction, but looks don't matter" is "Yes, you have to be good looking-without a doubt.If you've got a decent enough personality, then that's great too"....