Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New relationship feeling??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just got back from the cinema with my fella and my mate and her new fella. All way through the cinema and meal there hands was all over each other, in the car they was toughy feely. I can remember when I got with my fella (years ago) and we was like that, but now we just seem a boring married couple compared to them!! :impissed: Is it just the new relationship thing?? Dont get me wrong, we are touchy feely and in love, but we just seemed old compared to them, even tho she is same age as me!! Like weve just got back, and my fella has gone to pub - which I dont mind but my mate said she and her fella are going back to his place and having a nice romantic night :chin:

Do you think we all go through a new relationship feeling kinda thing??

Sorry if it doesnt make sense!!

Comments

• Options
    Definately, I call it the honeymoon period.

Doesn't mean you should feel like an old couple, their behaviour will sizzle down in a few monthes..or it usually does anyway. :yeees:
  • Options
    With any luck it will!! She is one of them girls who goes on about their fella 24/7! Its like she is the only one in a relationship!
  • Options
    Yeah, it's completely normal...personally I much prefer that natural progression to the "let's! keep! the! romance! alive!" attitude. I'm all for nice little gestures, but I don't think it's necessary to go for all-out-romance-all-the-time once you know someone so well, and you're settled (and hopefully in love).

So as you can probably tell from my attitude... We're happily ensconced in "boring old bastards" territory now, and that's the way I like it :p
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    So as you can probably tell from my attitude... We're happily ensconced in "boring old bastards" territory now, and that's the way I like it :p

Good for you!

I'm happy and fell more relaxed infront of my fella now, wereas my mate is like 'I dont want him seeing me in the nuddy"! Bless her! :lol:
  • Options
    Briony wrote:
    Good for you!

I'm happy and fell more relaxed infront of my fella now, wereas my mate is like 'I dont want him seeing me in the nuddy"! Bless her! :lol:

:blush: I'm still like that! Well the nekedness is fine, I just try not to fart and burp in front of him. I am a laydeee (well sort of!) :flirt:
  • Options
    to be honest i like being able to wake up next to my bf without wearing makeup, hung over and my hair a mess, without having to worry about what he'll think+knowing he's love me whatever!
    Its the honeymoon period, and i find it lasts about 3 or 4 months!
  • Options
    to be honest i like being able to wake up next to my bf without wearing makeup, hung over and my hair a mess, without having to worry about what he'll think+knowing he's love me whatever!
    Its the honeymoon period, and i find it lasts about 3 or 4 months!

I love that too, my boyfriend normally says hello beautiful to me when I wake up, even if I feel and look like crap, which is nice and it always makes me smile.
  • Options
    My boyfriend always looks so cute in the mornings with his hair all fuzzy and messed. He thinks he looks like shit, but then so do I when I look at myself. We're sickeningly gorgeous to each other, 2 years later...that aint the honeymoon period, its gotta be lurrve :heart:
  • Options
    :blush: I'm still like that! Well the nekedness is fine, I just try not to fart and burp in front of him. I am a laydeee (well sort of!) :flirt:

I used to be like that with Mr M but I think once they've seen you give birth, all bets are off.
  • Options
    I know what you mean about that.
    My fella's brother is in a relationship.I have been with mine for over 3 years and we are great together but the thing is when I see his brother with his girlfriend together I get a jealous feeling of whyu can't we be like them but really we are.It's confusing.
    They have been together for nearky a year and a half and they are very affectionate for one another
    But so are we but they have that innocence.
    There is a big differnce though betwen me and them.
    I live with with my fella whereas they see each other 3-4 a times a week so it's understandalbe so I hate it when I get jealous.
    They are a boring couple though as they don't do anything a[art from sit in frint of the tele for a few hours and then go in the bedroom.They only do things for special occasions.
    So I know I wouldn't want their relationship really.

When I think logically about it though I think I know why......
    It's his first serious relationship and he's 21
    She's 15 so it's her first too so they do have that innocence...althoiugh they are serious but they don't have worries of real life like money and stuff whereas we do so I guess I just want the carefree relationship.

But I just thought I'd share my feelings relatiing to what you are saying.
  • Options
    Yes i think we do, but if you want to spice things up..... do some thing that will pump the bloody around the body. If you get wot i mean :naughty: