Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

World Cup Draw

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Now that the seedings have been revelead i thought i'd do my own little draw (group winners red, runners up green):

Group A
Germany
Ghana
Croatia
Costa Rica

Group B
Argentina
Angola
Ukraine
Iran

Group C
France
Tunisia
Portugal
South Korea

Group D
Italy
Paraguay
Sweden
Trinadad & Tobago

Group E
Spain
Ivory Coast
Czech Republic
Japan

Group F
Brazil
Togo
Switzerland
Saudi Arabia (the usual easy group for Brazil)

Group G
England
Austrlia (its bound to happen)
Poland
USA

Group H
Mexico
Ecuador
Holland
Serbia

Im not sure who will be playing who after the group stage but i do think the eventual winners will be the Czech Republic playing either Agrentina or Italy. The surprise team of the tournament will be Ukraine or Ivory Coast
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    There's some really shitty teams there.
  • Options
    i think you've really underestimated Serbia and Japan, they are a couple of my outsiders this time i think. also think USA will do well.
  • Options
    Yeah the US are always a strong team. Don't really know much about Toga, Angola and Iran but seeing as they've qualified you can't totally underestimate them.

Can't wait!! Times flown since the last world cup.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    There's some really shitty teams there.

Fuckin' sure lad.

Northern Ireland should have got a wild card or something. :no:
  • Options
    Well I for one look forward to it. Isn't it one of the charms of the World Cup to see small nations reach the competition proper? I can't think of many better things to do next summer than watch Togo play, say, Brazil or Trinidad and Tobago vs. Argentina. In fact there's no game I won't watch if I can help it. :)

As for predictions, I'm going to be really boring and guess the winner will be either Brazil or Argentina. I think one European team can easily make it to the final though... and for that one I'd say Italy, France or Germany.