Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how to

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This might sound a little silly, but.... in a pub or whatever, how do you start talking to a girl who you don't know without sounding like a wannabe player?

Prime example, sitting in the pub this evening having a quiet drink with a mate. Caught the eye of a pretty girl sitting across the room with her friend. Would love to have gone and spoken with her, but I have no idea how to start so left the pub eventually without saying anything. :banghead:

I'm not looking for a random drunken pull or shag, I'd actually quite like to meet someone for a relationship. How to strike up a conversation without it seeming like a sleazy chat up line? I'd just like to meet someone genuine, ask them out for a drink or something but don't really know how to start. All my previous gfs have been friends first. So what's a good way to introduce yourself and seem like a genuine person rather than someone just looking to score?

(Also, how to get yourself out of the situation if, having taking the risk, the pretty girl turns out to have the eloquence of a pig?)

p.s. On the one in a million chance that you were the pretty girl in the John Baird this evening, get in touch. :lol:

Comments

• Options
    It's hard actually. I think the bar is a better place to strike up conversation cos you normally have to hang around for a couple of mins while they sort your drinks out. So if she goes up to get another drink you can go up too and just start with a smile and some small talk.
  • Options
    My mate told me how to do this a few weeks ago. If you catch her eye, and she keeps looking at you then hold your glance for a few seconds longer than usual. When her friends go to the bar, or go to the toilet, that's your cue to make your move.

Just go over to her and tell her your name and start chatting. If she's interested she'll start chatting back. If not, she'll just tell you where to go and you then make the 'walk of shame' back to where you came from :)
  • Options
    good advice.

Do they have to look back at you for a long time though? I mean I have caught the eyes of girls in bars and clubs before but they also then focus ont heir friends or something. Its not liek you get those 'come hither' looks al the time.