Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

'everybody's talking about it' advert...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone remember that advert on tv ages ago, was done by one of the big soaps, n it had the characters saying the phrase 'everybody's talking about it'
was when one of the big plot lines was happening, but cant remeber which soap and when.
was gonna use it as an example of being controlled by society in an essay im doing - everyone was talking about it even if they didnt like it.
Any help would be great thanks!
xx

Comments

• Options
    Eastenders. Not sure when.
  • Options
    didnt corrie do one too? when sarah lou was pregnant? :S i dunno...i dont watch them -- theyre shite haha prime example for your paper eh?
  • Options
    have had a brief look on both sites - know it was one of them two - but nuthing going back that far to say.
    can see me having to be very vague about it if can findout which it was!
  • Options
    MsMinxy wrote:
    have had a brief look on both sites - know it was one of them two - but nuthing going back that far to say.
    can see me having to be very vague about it if can findout which it was!

I know Eastenders definately did one. I remember it, just don't know when it was, no idea about Corrie though.
  • Options
    It was eastenders I think
  • Options
    Yeah it twas Eastenders.
  • Options
    corrie definatly did them as well cos they had the characters walking down the street, they did a few, but i cant remember which particular story lines!
  • Options
    corrie definatly did them as well cos they had the characters walking down the street, they did a few, but i cant remember which particular story lines!

Surely the tag line wasn't "Everyone's talking about it" though? I would have thought BBC would have copyrighted it or something.
  • Options
    i dunno, to be honest, ive never seen an eastenders one!
  • Options
    It was definitely Eastenders. I think it may have been in 2001/2, but don't quote me on that :p
  • Options
    "Eastenders- Everyone's talking about it," It was the "who shot Phil?" mystery I think. It was Lisa wot done it but he had it coming. Then again so did she and everyone else in Walford. That's why I stopped watching it. Shoot them all, and bring back Lofty!
  • Options
    kittiwoz wrote:
    "Eastenders- Everyone's talking about it," It was the "who shot Phil?" mystery I think. It was Lisa wot done it but he had it coming. Then again so did she and everyone else in Walford. That's why I stopped watching it. Shoot them all, and bring back Lofty!

Yep.
  • Options
    Would you believe after seeing kittiwoz say about it being the 'who shot phil' thing that the advert was about i went back onto the bbc/eastenders web site, searched through the classic episodes found the right one - and then the page wont work!! :rolleyes:
    At least i know know exactly which prog it was for. was dec 2000 by the way.
    Thanks all for help!
    xx
  • Options
    i thought it was corrie with the katy killing her dad storyline? didnt it show her walking down the street looking all cold and stuff? maybe they didnt say 'everyones talking about it' though
  • Options
    thats what i was thinking about...dunno where the sarah lou thing came from ...
  • Options
    sounds like an ad for freeview